The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Self employed or Employee - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Business Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Self employed or Employee (/thread-93.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Self employed or Employee - Heatman - 03-09-2018

Getting of age means one needs to take some responsibility in life and handle some things on one's own. This involves a taking up some jobs and earn money. But taking up any job requires either being self employed or working for someone or a company. Education and skills is one of requirements to work for a firm and without any of those, getting a job in any company would be difficult. This leaves the person with the option to be self employed with the issue of capital to set up a business the deciding factor.

Being self employed or working for a company, which one are you more comfortable with?

Self employed or Employee - Martin - 03-09-2018

I'm still in formal education myself - at University. Therefore I have limited time to work and a lack of qualifications currently to do what I actually want to do (that's why I'm at University). I am self-employed currently though to provide a small side income to cover my expenses until I can properly enter the workforce.

Self employed or Employee - Heatman - 03-10-2018

[quote quote=839]I’m still in formal education myself – at University. Therefore I have limited time to work and a lack of qualifications currently to do what I actually want to do (that’s why I’m at University). I am self-employed currently though to provide a small side income to cover my expenses until I can properly enter the workforce.[/quote]

Being self employed is a very good way to get active instead being idle doing nothing when there are lots of things to get involved in to be making a decent amount of money. I'm glad to hear that you are still in the university but still deem it necessary to find something doing to support yourself. Most people today in the university over here in my country hardly do anything but depend on their parents which is a very bad thing.

Self employed or Employee - fishbate - 03-10-2018

Nowadays one should be educated early on how to deal with life. One significant factor is having a way to earn money. People sometimes wait for them to graduate before having a job or even earn on their own. But of course it's easier said than done, the hardest part of earning is doing what you have planned. In my opinion people should learn to be entrepreneurs at the early stage of their life, so that they will learn the ups and down of having a business at the early stage. This will give them the experience and skill to cope up in the future.

Self employed or Employee - Heatman - 03-11-2018

[quote quote=950]Nowadays one should be educated early on how to deal with life. One significant factor is having a way to earn money. People sometimes wait for them to graduate before having a job or even earn on their own. But of course it’s easier said than done, the hardest part of earning is doing what you have planned. In my opinion people should learn to be entrepreneurs at the early stage of their life, so that they will learn the ups and down of having a business at the early stage. This will give them the experience and skill to cope up in the future.[/quote]

You are right about people waiting to graduate before getting something doing to earn money, it's something very peculiar with African society, they hardly pursue skill that would earn them money but wait till passing through the university before seeking for job. There are several ways to get something doing, at least working as a freelancer would fetch one a good amount of money as long as the person is committed to the work.

Self employed or Employee - ghost - 03-11-2018

I am an employee and am relatively content with that for right now. I don't have many intentions to work for myself as I am decently well paid and like my job.

Self employed or Employee - dionnextherese - 03-12-2018

I'm still studying at a University but I will finish my education in a few months. My goal when I finish college is to be self-employed.

Self employed or Employee - KellyGeo - 03-12-2018

In my opinion, I think that being both is a lot more better than just picking one. Instead of working for someone, it's best to combine it with having your own business that would add more money to your pocket. Also, if you are running a business of your own, it's still best to have a monthly or weekly paying job to supplement your business. Thus, there would be more than one source of income.

Self employed or Employee - Flannagan - 03-22-2018

I prefer being self employed as I'm my own boss and can work at my own pace and from home, there is downsides though the works Christmas party this year may be pretty boring.

Self employed or Employee - JiLLian - 03-22-2018

I'm currently working as a call center agent. I've been in this company for three years now. What I love about this company is that we are family oriented. Our employer treated us family. I've been in other companies before but for me this is the best.

I'm also doing some freelance job as my seconce source of income. As a mother, I would always wanted the best for my children so I want to earn extra for our needs.