Take control of your finances!

Join DiscussPF today to discuss personal finance topics with other members. Ask questions, get tips and more to help you reach financial independence. Why DiscussPF? Unlike many social networking sites, you can maintain an anonymous profile here at DiscussPF. That means you can share your personal finance situation without worry of people finding out who you are.
Registration is quick, easy, free and allows you to participate in discussions across the community.

Forum reworking + prefixes

Forum reworking + prefixes
Forum reworking + prefixes 1
Hello everyone, 

With our change of forum software and the move to focusing on discussion on forums rather than running mainly as a blog, it was important to change our discussion areas a little bit to bring out better discussions. Here are some changes I hope you will like:
  • Removed credit & debt forum. These discussions can appear in the general personal finance area/other areas as suited
  • Split the work & entrepreneur forum. Work topics now appear with retirement topics, with prefixes to separate which topic is being discussed in which thread. The business forum is now on its own because these discussions are important and likely to be a big focus for us
  • Added a 'Make money online' forum as these discussions are popular across the web and didn't really fit into any specific category in our old approach
  • Added prefixes to the investment forum so you can label the topic as discussing crypto, property or stocks. Any other investment area, just leave the prefix blank
  • Changed 'The Economy' forum section to also allow for news about personal finance/economics topics. These topics will be tagged under the news prefix
  • The 'Blogging' section now allows for discussion on general webmaster topics so to be more inclusive. 
These are all the updates for now but should allow for more focused and better quality discussions on topics which relate to what we are trying to do here. If you have any feedback, please let me know. I am willing to add more prefixes as necessary but likely not any new forum sections for now. An off-topic forum section will likely be added at a later date.

RE: Forum reworking + prefixes 2
Noticed you've made the forum sections easier to read on the background also, good changes!

RE: Forum reworking + prefixes 3
(05-11-2018, 11:35 AM)Daphney Wrote: Noticed you've made the forum sections easier to read on the background also, good changes!

Yep was working on that through the night with my designer (mainly my designer). Think it looks a lot better now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Ranks Martin 1 69 05-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: ghost
  Forum layout change Martin 5 40 03-19-2018, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Martin