Personal Finance Forum: Take control of your finances!

Join our personal finance forum today to discuss investing, budgeting, retirement and more. Ask questions, get tips and share stories to help you reach financial independence. Why DiscussPF? Unlike many social networking sites, you can maintain an anonymous profile here at DiscussPF. That means you can share your personal finance situation without worry of people finding out who you are.
Registration is quick and free, allowing you to participate in discussions across the community with ease.

Rent-to-Own Stuff

Rent-to-Own Stuff
Rent-to-Own Stuff 1
I've been tempted to get one of those electronic drumsets via this method.  Mainly because my income isn't high enough to pay the full price.  However, though, the credit rating is blocking me, but even if I could use my partner's credit, is it still a good idea?  I mean, obviously, you'd be paying more in the long run.

RE: Rent-to-Own Stuff 2
Yeah you end up paying more, I only recommend it for things you really need - such as a car and housing, etc. For things like an electronic drumset, I think I'd just save until I had enough or buy something cheaper which is second hand.

DiscussPF Founder & Owner  Smile
If you have any feedback please post here.

RE: Rent-to-Own Stuff 3
(05-23-2018, 10:35 AM)Martin Wrote: Yeah you end up paying more, I only recommend it for things you really need - such as a car and housing, etc. For things like an electronic drumset, I think I'd just save until I had enough or buy something cheaper which is second hand.

Yeah, I agree.  Note, most of this talk is desperation from having a low income, so I just need to get a higher one.   So anyone else in the low income boat?

RE: Rent-to-Own Stuff 4
Yeah, I think, this is really a good way to own something you want without you, getting lost your money.

RE: Rent-to-Own Stuff 5
Renting isn't owning your own things. You rent items to use then if you do not pay up or finish they will take the items back away from you. Not the cheap option to go I say.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rent or own? Martin 11 150 05-16-2018, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Mozzie