Take control of your finances!

Join DiscussPF today to discuss personal finance topics with other members. Ask questions, get tips and more to help you reach financial independence. Why DiscussPF? Unlike many social networking sites, you can maintain an anonymous profile here at DiscussPF. That means you can share your personal finance situation without worry of people finding out who you are.
Registration is quick, easy, free and allows you to participate in discussions across the community.

Restaurants

Restaurants
Restaurants 1
Too risky? They seem to have a really high failure rate. Is that just because people opening them don't really know what they need to know for it to work? From looking at different things, it seems like the profit margin is relatively low for most restaurants, so it makes me worry about ever opening one myself - even though I love the thought of having one.

RE: Restaurants 2
I have 2 colleagues who invested big money for a franchise restaurant. They were so excited because based on their feasibility studies, the popular diner will bring them the bacon. Unfortunately, the sales did not reach the quota such that they were losing their capital every month. Before the one year anniversary of their business, they decided to close shop instead of putting in more capital to save the 2 million pesos investment which is equivalent to around $40,000. That's a neat lesson to me because I am looking for a kind of business that can be my occupation when I retire from my job.

RE: Restaurants 3
There are to many of them, to have one that i really successful it would have to be like no other restaurant out there.

RE: Restaurants 4
This is probably the most referenced option for starting a business, or maybe the one that everyone would want to own, but I am guessing there are a lot of people who are just not cut out for it, much like anything else. I am like one of those people though and I have often dreamed about it but know it will never really happen, but I do make some good soup.