Discuss Personal Finance Forum

Full Version: How much do you budget for your medical expenses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember that old saying, "Health is wealth", it's when you are healthy that you can pursue more wealth and being in good health requires medical expenses. Some people go to many lengths when it comes to spending money for medical reasons.
How much can you budget for your medical expenses?
Can there be any specific amount of money one would budget specifically for medical expenses? Without knowing what illness that would befall someone, there is no way to knowing the right amount of money to budget, so I normally just budget as much as I would and also use my medical insurance as well.
I have medical or health insurance from my job, so I don't worry about making extra huge money saving or budget for my medical expenses, since my insurance covers my health bill, I only just have emergency fund saved up in case any unexpected health related issues.
(06-10-2018, 10:26 PM)Anachiwo Wrote: [ -> ]I have medical or health insurance from my job, so I don't worry about making extra huge money saving or budget for my medical expenses, since my insurance covers my health bill, I only just have emergency fund saved up in case any unexpected health related issues.

Same here. I do have health insurance which takes away a portion from the total bills if ever I get hospitalized. When it comes to the budget, I do not have a particular figure saved up for it. I usually use my savings to cover for whatever medical expenses I might need. You won't know how much you'll spend when it comes to health-related concerns unless you voluntarily take annual physical examinations which will cost you around $50 - $100 per session.
For me, I ensure that I take good care of myself as I always take fruits no matter the cost and also try as much as I can to visit the hospital once in a month for medical check ups which is a way that I used to ensure that there is no ailment or impending ailment that is going to affect me. I can't really calculate the monetary value now, but I am sure that I spend so much to ensure I remain hearty everyday.
(06-10-2018, 09:03 PM)Heatman Wrote: [ -> ]Can there be any specific amount of money one would budget specifically for medical expenses? Without knowing what illness that would befall someone, there is no way to knowing the right amount of money to budget, so I normally just budget as much as I would and also use my medical insurance as well.

Having medical insurance is one good way to get ahead of your medical expense but we all know that it is not everyone that can afford having a medical insurance , so in such cases how does the individual involved takes care of this problem ?
(06-11-2018, 07:36 AM)KellyGeo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2018, 09:03 PM)Heatman Wrote: [ -> ]Can there be any specific amount of money one would budget specifically for medical expenses? Without knowing what illness that would befall someone, there is no way to knowing the right amount of money to budget, so I normally just budget as much as I would and also use my medical insurance as well.

Having medical insurance is one good way to get ahead of your medical expense but we all know that it is not everyone that can afford having a medical insurance , so in such cases how does the individual involved takes care of this problem ?

It's a basic truth that not everyone has medical health insurance and in such cases, 100% of the individual's health budget comes from the person's earnings. This is definitely going to be a case of budgeting for an uncertainty which makes the budgeting to be a thing of worry but no matter how the budget comes, it's better than not having any.
(06-11-2018, 06:05 AM)Barida Wrote: [ -> ]For me, I ensure that I take good care of myself as I always take fruits no matter the cost and also try as much as I can to visit the hospital once in a month for medical check ups which is a way that I used to ensure that there is no ailment or impending ailment that is going to affect me. I can't really calculate the monetary value now, but I am sure that I spend so much to ensure I remain hearty everyday.

Money spent to keep fit and healthy is well spent than when it's used to pay for hospital bills. When you fail to take care of yourself and gets your health complicated, it's more likely to cost you more when trying to fix your health problems.
(06-11-2018, 06:05 AM)Barida Wrote: [ -> ]For me, I ensure that I take good care of myself as I always take fruits no matter the cost and also try as much as I can to visit the hospital once in a month for medical check ups which is a way that I used to ensure that there is no ailment or impending ailment that is going to affect me. I can't really calculate the monetary value now, but I am sure that I spend so much to ensure I remain hearty everyday.
Living a healthy lifestyle is one good way to be guaranteed less illness and this means having to spend less on medical expenses because you wouldn't be frequently going to the hospital.
Yeah, my budget for medical expenses is about $60 a month. I have to maintain my treatments that's why it's kinda expensive I guess.
Pages: 1 2