Discuss Personal Finance Forum

Full Version: Retire early or normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I see a lot of people within the personal finance community aiming at retiring early. Is this a goal of yours? If so, why? For me, I just want to reduce my hours as my career goes on but am currently not interested in retiring early.
I am a teacher by profession. The retirement age in my home country is 60. I will work as a teacher until I am 60 years of age. After that, I might do part-time teaching to continue earning. I will retire fully only when I can no longer work. I have not intention to retire early. I will continue to work until I am very old to work.
I'm to young to start thinking regards to that. But depends. If you are over 50 and you know the outcome then I would know the answer.

So if I was rich, I would retire early. If not then later. Yet again I know allot that are rich and yet don't want to stop working
I'm also pretty young, but my goal is to retire when I am 45 to 55 years old.

It will definitely be difficult but I have a plan for it that should work (barring any massive economic issues over the next 20-30 years).
When you are young is the best time to start thinking about it because it’s easier to save the money etc that you need in order to save. Leaving it til later in your time will make it more difficult to achieve.
FlyEaglesFly - I say you can't get down to the point. Sounds like an good goal but it's 50/50 and you have to take an consider that might not happen.

To retire you need to have an good amount of money behind you to last to your last days and in this world as we know isn't easy and it hasn't been easy. the rich gets rich - poor gets poorer and those in the middle are just having an bad time working for there fill life
I don't think its a good idea to retire early but if we can plan our retirement with required funds then it would be best. I mean we can set up our own business and can do better after reitirement
I don't think it's a good to retire early, why? Your pension will suffer. Let's say you settle in your long term job in your 20's. The minimum pension for the UK is explained here. If your receiving £159.55 per week this will work out to be £7,658.4 per year. It's best to retire in your late 60's.
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
Pages: 1 2 3