Discuss Personal Finance Forum

Full Version: What % of your income do you save?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What % of your income do you save on a monthly basis? Would you like to save more?
For now, I don't want to force to save, but a portion of 10% is part of my savings and some of the the other 10% are for entertainment or pleasure. Those I received from my online jobs are truly the serious savings I have. I don't have a certain portion because it depends on my performance. What I can say is that i have 10% certain portion that I saved.
I try to save 60% of my earnings, it hasn't been easy but I just have to sacrifice that portion of my earnings for now if I really needs to buy what I realy need to in future,maybe I could reduce a little bit later but it will stay that way for the next 10 or more months.
90% of my income. Averaging 100$+ monthly from my freelancing, so 10% would be 10$, usually spent on fast food. 10% is a good percentage as it is good to have savings and investments.
[quote quote=415]What % of your income do you save on a monthly basis? Would you like to save more?[/quote]

If it was up to me, I would save more than 80% of my monthly income but that's not going to be possible because I have lots of responsibilities to take care of with my family's well being on top of my priority list. So therefore, at the end of each month, I struggle to save around 15-20% of my monthly income.
I have read in books that you should save at least 20% of your monthly income. I have been practicing that and it hasn't been easy. But I think, it's not enough. For me, to be financially free, I would need to invest the money I've saved which I haven't done so far. I want to save more to be able to invest more. So maybe in my next pay I'd save up to 30-40% of my monthly income, it wouldn't be easy but with determination, I know I'll be able to do it.
20-30% (as in $200) is the minimum I put aside monthly, cutting from food and other such "necessities" if needed to meet that goal, but luckily my income tends to generally be high enough to be able to save even more than that. More is always better.
I don't have a regular job yet, so everytime I make income by doing some part time jobs then I try to save 50% percent or even all of it for my future use. And I think if I am going to finally have a family in the future, I guess I can only save a little but it is okay as long as I can save some. And I am not a type of person who spends money everytime so It will be easier for me to save.
[quote quote=478]I try to save 60% of my earnings, it hasn’t been easy but I just have to sacrifice that portion of my earnings for now if I really needs to buy what I realy need to in future,maybe I could reduce a little bit later but it will stay that way for the next 10 or more months.[/quote]

Wow, 60% is amazing! You'll definitely thank yourself for being so frugal in the future. I've tried to save 50% of my earnings though I am currently on disability and unable to work so it has been difficult. I'm hoping once I go back to work I'll be able to save half of my income again.
Congratulations on being so frugal!

[quote quote=2031]I don’t have a regular job yet, so everytime I make income by doing some part time jobs then I try to save 50% percent or even all of it for my future use. And I think if I am going to finally have a family in the future, I guess I can only save a little but it is okay as long as I can save some. And I am not a type of person who spends money everytime so It will be easier for me to save.[/quote]

50% is amazing! I feel like if you get in the habit of saving 50% now, when you do have a regular job you'll be used to living on less so you can save more. Your future self will thank you!

<strong>As for me, I save at least 10% of each pay. Also, if I buy something that I feel is a pure want I put the same amount of money I spent on my want towards my savings. So for example if I got my nails done and they cost me $30, I also put $30 into my savings. That way I can enjoy the now but also enjoy my future. I think it's important to be able to enjoy life now but it's also just as important to secure your future financially.
I'm trying my best to actually save at least 20% of my income every payday to have something to use in emergency cases. Well, not all the time you have someone to rely on and ask help if you need one so it's better to be prepared than be sorry if worst things happen because we cannot tell what will happen tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4