Toys R Us has gone into administration

Personal Finance Discussion Employment & Business Toys R Us has gone into administration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  xXInfectedXx 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Martin
    Keymaster

Toys R Us has gone into administration, putting 3,000 UK jobs at risk.

Administrators have been appointed to begin “an orderly wind-down” of the UK’s biggest toy retailer following the failure to find a buyer.

They said that all 105 Toys R Us stores will remain open until further notice.

Joint administrator Simon Thomas said: “Whilst this process is likely to affect many Toys R Us staff, whether some or all of the stores will close remains to be decided.”

Source

Many jobs at risk, seems many retailers are having this problem recently in the UK. Anyone here effected by this?

xXInfectedXx
    Participant

It’s not just Toys R US. Both have been put into administration recently. 5,500 jobs have been put at risk which means if the employees loose it will make even harder for the younger generation to get employed because of the lack of businesses/employment available.

Flannagan
    Participant

I feel sorry for all the people that are losing there jobs, I have fond memories of this store as a kid it always seemed like a magical place.

xXInfectedXx
    Participant

The decision has been made to closes all the stores down across the UK. Everything must go and there is a reduction of 30%, 3,000 employees are going to lose there jobs, I feel sorry for everyone who has been redundant. The Simpsons are right again and they predicated the children’s store would close, read more here.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  xXInfectedXx.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  xXInfectedXx.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.