The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 5 - Line: 3639 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 3639 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 38 build_prefixes
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Getting the confidence to leave your job? - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Work & Retirement Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Getting the confidence to leave your job? (/thread-12.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - Martin - 02-23-2018

How have you gone about getting the confidence to leave your job and get into running your business full time? If you haven't, what is stopping you from doing so?

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - jyy - 02-25-2018

I don't have a regular job, but instead, I do a low wage forum writing thing most of the time. As mentioned in another thread, it's mostly to fun my projects. Anyway, I wouldn't walk away from that unless my business was generating at least a couple a hundred (USD) a month.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - SS786 - 02-27-2018

To be honest i am thinking about it but currently i am short of money and even idea. I hope i can plan better and start a good business but that requires a lot of investment.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - xXInfectedXx - 03-01-2018

I wouldn't have confidence to leave my part time job - unless I got forced too reduncancy etc. I need the money to pay my parents rent, for my phone, and various other bills. Only really walk away if I had no passion for the job and my workplace was making me depressed.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - Learna - 03-13-2018

I don't think leaving a full time job takes confidence so much as it takes finance. If a person has bills to pay, a family to support, a car to pay for, student loans, and all kinds of other things that they are responsible for, leaving a paying job isn't just something you can do at the drop of a a hat. It takes planning and saving, and more planning, and more saving. If a person has a nice little nest egg put up for rainy days, then leaving their job seems do-able, but leaving a job is not something to be done flippantly.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - Claraviolet - 03-13-2018

Honestly, I don't have the confidence to start my own company right now and I highly doubt I would ever get it, as I work in IT field. I am a software developer and I like programming a lot. Right now, I work in oracle EBS apps and it's impossible to learn everything about the EBS components. I highly doubt I could learn all the technical aspects and functional aspects are just too impossible for me.
Also, the pay is okay and I got good hike this year. So, I don't want to do anything right now and I don't really believe in my own skills. Well, my inferiority complex is to be blamed for that.

Well, it's not at easy to start a new company just like that. Marketing something these days is really hard. So, I wouldn't want to do something that might fail.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - Jamella18 - 03-14-2018

This is exactly what I am looking for right now – to have confidence to leave my job and pursue the business that I am dreaming for. Yet somehow, there are fears inside of me like I might fail, I might quit along the way when I encounter struggles and hardship to keep the business going, and I fear to not to maintain the lifestyle that I currently experiencing right now if I leave my current job. And yet I know that if I box myself to this situation I might not reach the life that I am dreaming for. As the sayings goes “The higher the risk, the higher the returns.”

Can anyone share any motivational words for me to overcome this fear stage that I am at? I would very appreciate that.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - neiledles - 03-15-2018

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum. Well yeah, I'm now getting the confidence to leave my job and start a full time business preferably - online. However, I'm not leaving my job yet because I want to use the income I'm getting there for investment. Once I see that the income on my full time business is good enough (meaning it is high enough to replace my salary) then I will leave my job. For now though, I will make sure that my time is well managed.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - Barida - 03-15-2018

The thing with leaving our jobs is that when you are not sure of how good the next job you will be taking will look like. For example, I stay in a country where the nature of the economy is quite tough that those looking for jobs are even large in numbers than those already working and thinking of leaving your job when you've not got another thing going for you can be a difficult choice to make.

If it is a case of starting my business, I think it is my academics that is having some drawbacks for me in the sense that I want to conclude my masters degree before I think of getting into entrepreneurship. The reason is because I want to be fully focused when I begin that dream business which I have in mind.

Getting the confidence to leave your job? - JuanSapanataym - 03-15-2018

Start with a job and end up with a business. That is my formula in my career. So during the transition, I'll have both a job and a business. When shall I leave my job? When my businesses and investments are stable enough.
That was supposed to be the plan. But I ended up leaving my job early because I pushed myself to run a business. When I was still working, I always rely on my work and don't push myself to grow my business. So I decided to quit job leaving myself an option of make a sale or starve to death. So far my perfume business has been doing well. I think the motivation everyone needs lies within them. Just make a decision when to quit and do it. If you already made a step, do not turn back. Keep going.