The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Leading money to family and friends - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Leading money to family and friends (/thread-135.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Leading money to family and friends - Martinsx - 03-15-2018

One of the things that comes with being successful or being the one people look up to is the ever unending calls from family and friends to lend them money. I have had several experiences with my immediate family members and friends as well, and I actually lend them money but there's one particular problem.

This problem is family members and friends unwillingness to pay back the money. This has made me rule out getting back any money that I lend out to any members of my family. About lending to friends who never pays back, my solution to them is not lending them the full amount of money they requested for but instead I would just give them grant as a support.

Leading money to family and friends - xXInfectedXx - 03-18-2018

I'm happy to lend money to my father and mother as I know they will pay it back within 24-48 hours max. I trust my close families and my bank, no one else. It's your fault if you lend cash and you don't get paid back in full, you live in and learn from your mistakes. My advice when making deals is the deal formal instead of formal, write it down, and figure out who you can trust.

Leading money to family and friends - chameli - 03-18-2018

If payback is your primary concern, you should never lend money to your close friends or family members. However, if you are lending money to help your friends or family then its ok. lending money to close friends and family can sour your relationship. I never lend a big amount to my friends, I lend the money that I can spare. I am more than happy to lend money to my family because family is important.

Leading money to family and friends - KellyGeo - 03-18-2018

When it comes to giving money to any of my immediate family members bound by blood, I never consider calling it lending money with the view of getting payments back from any of them. This includes my parents and siblings, my money is equally theirs as well, so I can easily give them as long as I can afford to without getting into financial problems.

But when it comes to lending money to my friends, 90% chance is that I wouldn't get the money back no matter how much I try, and I wouldn't want to press for the payment back too much to make it seem like it's a total stranger that I lend the money to. So I try as much as possible to just give my friends grants and not expect it to be paid back. This way, it's a win win situation for whether they pay back or not.

Leading money to family and friends - keibah2 - 03-18-2018

I give money to my friends and family. Unless it is a very huge sum, I don't consider it lending or expect payback because I know that they'd do the same for me too.

Leading money to family and friends - KellyGeo - 03-20-2018

[quote quote=1438]I give money to my friends and family. Unless it is a very huge sum, I don’t consider it lending or expect payback because I know that they’d do the same for me too.[/quote]

You are very correct, it's always good to lend help to family and friends and not expect the money back because they still do a lot of other things for you that are priceless. Just as you said, the only way to expect payback of the money is when the cash is too big to overlook. But it's very important to evade giving such money out in the first place.

Leading money to family and friends - andrewfi - 03-27-2018

I'm okay lending money to my family as its never been for much more than a few days before they've paid me back. I think its a genuinely nice gesture that's appreciated and goes a long way in making a big difference in someone's life. Whether its financial, or emotional, we're all in need of some support from time to time. So if one has the ability to help, I think everyone has the onus to do so. I can certainly recall past instances where I needed help paying for school and my parents were happy to oblige. It would be very hypocritical to in return say "no, I'm not helping you."

This means of thinking goes far beyond just money. I think everyone has an innate willingness to provide assistance. We're all in this together, and should always look out for our fellow humans.

That being said, lending money comes with risks. As you've alluded to, there's a decent chance that money you lend may not come back when you want it to, or even at all. Thus, even though I have a good track record going for me, I never lend what I can't afford to lose. In other words, if I'm lending money, its money that I can accept and not be in trouble myself if I don't see it again. I'm trusting of my family, but unforeseen circumstances can always arise that can throw a change up into people's repayment plans. I'm happy to help, and everyone should be too. Just exercise a little caution.

Leading money to family and friends - ElGuapo123 - 03-27-2018

Of course i'll lend my family money if they need it. That is kind of a weird question, who wouldn't do that? You actually have to be sick in order to NOT help your family members. Money is the very least i can give them and help them with, without a second thought.

Leading money to family and friends - zenhashy - 04-02-2018

It is okay to lend money to your friends and immediate relatives especially when you see that they really need it. If they can't pay because their means cannot do so, please try to understand them, after all they've been part of you. At least you did your part as a human being. However, if you see them not paying for no valid reason, then learn from it. Sometimes, you need to set limitations for them and for yourself. If the event is recurring and you allow it to happen then you are allowing yourself to be abused.

Leading money to family and friends - Raquella - 04-02-2018

Lending money has become a very tricky process this days, I lend money to parents without expecting them to pay me back,I believe it was not for them I would not be who I am right now, but when it comes to friends,most of the time when I lend them money, chances are that they will not pay it back,at the same moment I use that opportunity to shut them down, or should I say I use that avenue to close the chapter of borrowing money from me,once I lend a friend money and they do not pay back, every time they try to borrow money from me, I ask them to pay back their debt first before I can lend the some more money.