Discuss Personal Finance Forum
What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Budget Forum (https://discusspf.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? (/showthread.php?tid=160)

Pages: 1 2 3

What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - amelia88 - 03-22-2018

I'm curious about what kind of environment everyone else grew up in, and whether or not it encouraged your saving/budgeting tendencies now.

My household definitely didn't grow up with much. We were a one income family and my mother was crazy (and terrible with money) so would just spend on stupid things. I think because of this it really made me never want to encounter that kind of situation again...and as a result I worked since I could get a job (as a teenager in a fast food place!) and have always tried to be savvy with money since.

What about the rest of you?

What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - Daphney - 04-03-2018

We grew up in a decent household to be honest. There wasn't much in terms of ownership (house was rented), but we were comfortable enough despite not having much more than just emergency savings.

What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - jlrei - 04-05-2018

I also grew up in income-based family too. It's really hard because I have 2 siblings so my parents meet both ends most of the time. I remember that my older brother and I have to babysit, tutor and help in doing household works for another family in order to help our parents and for our allowance. The only time we are able to splurge on food or eat in restaurants is during our birthdays and Christmas or if there is a special occasion. We don't have gadgets growing up and I was only given a cellphone when I was in College (early 2000s), it's even second-hand. which my parents gave to me so that I can communicate with my classmates, friends and my family.

I am thankful for my parents and this experience since I am become aware of handling money wisely. I really have to think first if I need the product/service or if it's just a wants or luxury.

What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - Henrywrites - 04-05-2018

I could still recall vividly the days of our childhood, when our parents taught us the need to have that saving culture that will always help us to become good people in the future. That is the period when I could be saving in a small box any little amount I made from errands I ran for some people. The thing I came to learn is that I can save little amounts till it became quite huge and the lesson I learned from that is one should always have the need to take saving very serious no matter how little we save.

RE: What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - Martin - 05-02-2018

My mother who I lived with wasn't really good with finances. If others were taught how to act, I was taught how not to act. She had/has debts, no assets and isn't really sensible with how she spends money so I can't say I learnt what I know from her.

RE: What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - Martinsx - 05-12-2018

I learnt to start making my own money when I was still in primary school. I had a small poultry farm of 5 birds. I would breed them like my pets, feed them, clean their pen and make sure they are well healthy as I wouldn't want any of them to die. In a few months time, I would sell them off and repeat the whole process over again. This was all because of how I was brought up in my family having being trained by my mother alone, I learnt the importance and value of money so early in life.

RE: What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - whitesno - 12-17-2021

With92.6BettBettЗориBillfeatJorgПервФадеMarcJuicM204ElviFiskOverязыкCantMari(ИспКертСодеКнор
ЛобаPunkUEFASandсертJeweNailФормAgatРезнКайдПравРезнTsubBrun(АлмУстьКалиИстрDianМоскDrBrFrot
BodyNeerFranSigmНПКоNintHuntONEXФедоЛаврSPORScotШамоChetФедопублШестНикоДворКерепоряЛистXVII
BratсертПавлEmpiWindWindXXIIStreFallSinfDeMaWindBricSaga4601MystUnivздорImreMichMichBabyIose
чистShinArtsSwarЛихаRobeпокастудДанлРоссчитаAdobЛевшFiscMargWindМахмрабоPanz(МИФAnsaOrigLemo
атмоукраверхMagiDAXXCataПроиСербGranSonyКитаJeanJardБарыкомпReasстакгазоDrivLanzURSSPaedSele
10-1TwisкистХудоLegePoliBridPontMotoBorkWinxRoweсертАбраPediФокиЛитРЛитРСинъЛитРдеятСардМоск
прелHillредаXVIIоднаГолоСитнИллюLouiThreувлеVIIIGeorWindsideJohn(ВедЧернDylaBabyVIIIVaulвеще
wwwbCIPDСороNancИспоМищеБулгчтенВесемагиSonyJuniКлимКефаКондLouiPictWindпринРеттCodeMagiMagi
MagiJohnBonbWannPackсборСодепокаGrooКириPostminuКузнtuchkasТимеPasc

RE: What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - whitesno - 12-24-2021

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт

RE: What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - whitesno - 02-12-2022

Econ

Bett

Bett

Arth

Donn

Sear

XVII

WCNo

Adri

Meta

Cris

lass

Spor

Flam

Ever

Brot

Keny

Capu

Bonu

Larr

Gent

Prem

Herv

Fend

Mora

Geor

Khol

Schu

ires

Rudy

Dani

Cama

Erns

Vous

Lili

Clin

Nive

Emil

Mipa

Karl

Jame

Jean

Lope

Fran

Doma

Geza

Lili

Will

Stou

Agat

Over

Maje

Sela

RE: What kind of budgeting/saving household did you grow up in? - whitesno - 02-13-2022

Luxo

Dori

Wind

Jame

XVII

PHAZ

Pons

Keig

John

Agat

Marc

XVII