Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Budget Forum (https://discusspf.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. (/showthread.php?tid=197)

Pages: 1 2 3

Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - iamjoeymercado48 - 04-04-2018

We all know the importance of saving and the ways to do it, But since all of us have a different story to tell to inspire everyone and to give hope that saving may not be easy as it is but if you have the goals and determination to reach it you can do it.

One of the problem We are encountering difficulties in saving is that being the breadwinner in the family. We tend to supply our family needs in order to keep us alive eating well and feel the comfort of the life. But being the breadwinner also is one of the aspect why I pursue my goals to save not more but enough for the future. I am not saying I was able to save perfectly but I am on the process of saving amount so that we have a future and emergency fund if ever.

How about you? What's your Difficulty on Saving and Coping it!??

Thank you

Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - lovely - 04-04-2018

Sometimes it becomes very difficult to save considering the fact that our needs are unlimited while our means are limited,our daily expenses takes up so much of the income and saving really take a back seat.I think what really takes so much of my income is food but I'm still taking out some percentage to save monthly.I'm coping well though.

Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - Martinsx - 04-04-2018

I just know exactly what you are passing through because I'm the first son and 80% of the family's responsibility falls on my shoulders. It's not easy to save because there are lots of things that needs my financial support from almost all the family members.

I just mange to save 20% of my monthly salary, although sometimes I would be left with no option but to spend it to the last penny. I normally try to have other investments to help me with more funds because should I rely on my monthly pay, it would never be enough.

Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - kingcool52 - 04-04-2018

I think the biggest problem for a lot of families with saving is that there just isn't enough after you spend money on the essentials and utilities. Bills are increasing a lot these days and after paying these bills, some families just don't have enough so they have to choose between spending a bit to enjoy themselves or to save. It's not easy to just save because sometimes you just have to enjoy yourself which can become quite expensive depending on what you are doing.

Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - Henrywrites - 04-04-2018

Saving for the tough times and period of uncertainty is one of the toughest task that is facing man and as a result of our inability to take it serious, it has rendered many helpless when they need help while some that has not really settled down in marriage, find it difficult to do so as a result of lack of resources to do so. This is the reason I will always advise most of us to start saving early in life for no matter how we take a look at it,the benefits is far better than any short enjoyment we should have had if we didn't save. So, saving is crucial to man and it's existence.

Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - WorkAtHomeGal - 04-05-2018

I think for me the hardest thing I have ever encountered as far as saving goes is uncertain living situations in my past which caused me a lot of stress. I also had some periods where I was between jobs so it was not possible to save because of bills taking importance.

My situation has changed though I am in a better relationship now with someone who has like minded goals. And I have a job again which will be a huge help. I have read online about the 50-20-30 saving rule and want to try it.

50% of your income would go to living expenses and any essentials you need.
20% of your income should go to any financial goals you have. This could be savings and emergency fund or investments.
30% can go into flexible spending. This could also just be an entertainment area for movies, dinners or a treat for yourself but not a necessity.

Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - maklein - 04-05-2018

I'm actually not the bread winner of the family nor provides anything to our family. Saving is something that I'm trying to learn as of the moment. I've been very frugal when it comes to my resources so I could save up for my travel expense.

RE: Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - Martin - 05-02-2018

Snacking probably, and online shopping. I see things when I am bored and end up buying them when I don't really need them. They are usually small purchases but they tend to add up and create problems in the long term.

RE: Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - Enyi - 05-12-2018

I'm finding it lately to save or cope with savings it never easy if we need to live the good life because living and maintaining a good life isn't easy with limited resources but as humans that loves all the good things life has to offer we will always run into problems of not being able to save.I'm working towards saving again and I hope I will be able to dump impulsive buying and its problems.

RE: Difficulty on Saving And Coping on It. - puregrace - 05-12-2018

My story is far different. I was so innocent, that whatever I earned, I kept on helping the strangers even in huge amounts like lacs. My problem is that I cannot see people crying, though they cry in fake sympathy. Due to that I went on helping people and even sold my last gold ring for helping the strangers. Now, the forums like these are helping me understand the value of money.

I should have helped people with very little and not with lavish spending. So, here is what I have learnt is that spend little and earn more. However, when earnings cant be increased, we have to be wise, otherwise, earn more than the spending.

While helping others, help with needful and not with abundance. The abundance that God gives is actually for us.