The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
How disciplined are you with spending? - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Budget Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: How disciplined are you with spending? (/thread-20.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - Alexandoy - 05-31-2018

I am stumped by this topic because I have my lucid intervals when it comes to spending. There are times that my spending spree takes over but I am usually frugal with spending money. The problem is that I cannot determine the exact reason why I sometimes overspend. Understandably, I do that when we are on a tour or vacation but it also happens sometimes in the mall. Fortunately, I am usually with my wife when we go to the mall so I have the devil's advocate to warn me about overspending.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - EfficientNinja - 05-31-2018

I am very disciplined with my spendings. I budget my money whenever I receive my paycheck. I already have an allotment for every penny that I earn and I also have a budget for my entertainment. I tend to follow my budget because I use a budget app on my smartphone.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - Tommy - 06-01-2018

I'd say I'm fairly disciplined. I'm fully aware of what I have, what I can afford, how much my bills are for the month etc. However, due to this exact knowledge I tend to spend what's not allocated to bills, pretty quickly at payday. I guess I'd say that I'm not good at saving money, but I'm pretty good at making sure all bills are paid on time and in full.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - aerodynamik - 06-01-2018

I'm medium disciplined. I know what to spend and what not. But sometimes I catch myself spending something that was unnecessary.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - Empire - 06-01-2018

Last time I reply, I have save an good amount. Hard to save but able to have at least 1K in the reserve. It will just be saved and not spent. I always had an system where I put money there and never gets touched NEVER.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - raindrop - 06-05-2018

I have been trying to become better with my spending lately. I used to spend a lot even though I knew that I didn't have savings and that I shouldn't be spending, but in my defense I'll say I'm young. I have been learning to save money by cutting down on expenses that aren't necessary. I used to have an obsession with shopping and would buy things that I didn't need, but just liked, things that didn't even fit me well, just because I'd lose 5 pounds and I'd wear them then, things like that. But it takes a bit of discipline and ALWAYS stopping yourself before going down the rabbit hole, before even going into the shop. Another useful thing is to never have a lot of money on yourself, that also helps the spending as well. I'd say I'm on my way of becoming a moderately good saver.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - wallet - 06-05-2018

Actually, I am not disciplined at all, I always spend a lot and I buy things that are not necessary for my home. I like shopping my wife says I am like a woman and I buy all I see. My wife is more disciplined than me, she always put money aside for harder times.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - mynameishieldler - 06-17-2018

I think, I am disciplined enough to have about $40 savings a month for a student like me.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - acediscuss001 - 06-19-2018

The secret actually lies in buying only what you need most of the time. The thing is, how to distinguish between what you want and what you really need. As an example, when you go to the supermarket, you can load your cart with stuffs that can be both needed and wanted. Because you are faced with just too many visual images of stuffs, it may be hard sometimes to distinguish one from the other. But upon getting to the cashier and all you can see is the cash register, then you begin to ask yourself about the thing s you just bought and right there and then begin sorting out things as either a need or a want. Notice that clearly a lot of things are set aside and only those that are needed are left to be paid. Many times we see this stuffs just left near the counter like abandoned things. Actually they were already set aside by the buyer.

RE: How disciplined are you with spending? - liberarblack - 02-01-2019

I always have problems controlling my expenses