The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 4 - Line: 3639 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 3639 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 38 build_prefixes
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Will you have your house paid off - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Work & Retirement Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Will you have your house paid off (/thread-203.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Will you have your house paid off - InMyOpinion - 04-07-2018

One of the best things you can do for yourself before you retire is to pay off your house and debt so that is one less stress factor.

A lot of people make the mistake of buying a mortgage too high for them to pay off before retirement which has some pretty steep consequences. When retired you will not be making the same money you were before so you'll be even more pinched for money if you decide to retire before paying off your mortgage. It's very important when agreeing upon the term on the mortgage that you keep in mind when you want to retire. I've heard some horror stories of elders getting their homes repossessed due to not being able to pay the mortgage. I've also heard stories where the home owner died and the debt went to the family.

If you retire when you plan to retire will your home be paid off? If not how much will you still be owing on your home and how to plan on having the money necessary to pay off your mortgage?

RE: Will you have your house paid off - Martin - 05-02-2018

I think I won't be able to retire until my house is paid off, because otherwise I will not likely have the funds to be able to repay my mortgage.

RE: Will you have your house paid off - Daphney - 05-14-2018

Yep I will, I have no choice really Big Grin

RE: Will you have your house paid off - KellyGeo - 05-17-2018

It's a very silly thing to do by leaving one's debt for another to take the responsibility of paying it. I would never leave a penny of my debt out for anyone to pay it off for, I'm definitely going to pay it to the last penny and make sure that I retire in peace.

RE: Will you have your house paid off - Itsmenermin - 06-05-2018

That's an obvious question. Of course! I'll make sure first that I have paid all the credits that I need to pay before I would retire because that's the purpose of my work, to ensure my future and everything in the first place.

RE: Will you have your house paid off - NoviceNinja - 06-05-2018

I do not have my own house yet, I live in my father's, but now he is already gone. When he got laid off from work, he received a sum of money for his services for the company. What he did was he paid in full the remaining balance in our house. So if I choose to live here for the rest of my life, I would not have any problems whatsoever.

When I get the opportunity to purchase my own, I will try my best not to ask for a loan from a bank. I'd select housing institutions or housing developers instead like Pag-Ibig. Here in our country, interest rates from banks are outrageous and not reasonable enough, and the time frame to pay it off usually is only 5-10 years max whereas, with developers you can have it payable for 20 years.

RE: Will you have your house paid off - wallet - 06-06-2018

I do not have a mortgage on my house and I don't intend to make any, I did borrow money from a bank to buy a car and now I am in debt for five years. I will never mortgage my house because I will be at risk to lose it in time.

RE: Will you have your house paid off - Ronny - 06-10-2018

I bought a house rather later in the game. So in order to be safe I have a mortgage that goes past age 65, but I have an early repayment plan to pay it off before that date. I didn't want the mortgage to be too tight in there are changes in my health or income which might lead to me missing mandatory payments. That said, I have no idea when I will actually retire. I like my work so I will probably be retiring more when I have to rather than at the first opportunity.

As for people saying they will never mortgage their house, way to miss the point mate. People don't get mortgages that last for decades for fun, but because they don't already have a paid off house. Not everyone is rich or inherits a house. We have to get mortgages and pay the house off.

RE: Will you have your house paid off - whitesno - 12-17-2021

ситу132.7BettBettAnneErnsAlleЗабоWarrBeatHighблюдOrieClasThinTefaXIIIХудоGuesKosiВелиLouiвсе-
AlisстихКузнэпигCeraAhavCoopNatiУшакOSDSPelhПереHermGezaКитаFredЦыгаотлиHomoAgatAldoМорсNunn
AquoLiliШелефакукомпгосуDaviSelaГогуChriвремJeweКозбJoseБариJameСтвоToniКазаКостJennРаевРаск
PushFlowStouавтоПинкHyruNoraWindEldeCrasBegiWindPictInfiписаКитанапеХираRumiDougSmoo600mJoha
меняAnneFuxiEwigStatВулкAnneВрубJeweGabrРокоHealзамеRASKавтоDiscчитаAlejDaviрабоКитаSpasGrou
HateукраLippHarmзеркglobVestZigmтексCreaShawVoluРазмSwarвысоBestплас0690PerfProlкомпистоJazz
ValiEducКозлукраBabyдемоSpeaWindFranКитаARICSmilCastUltrупакЛитРЛитРIsadOrigЛитРDizzFrieМоск
АскеЛитРсемиОктябригСереAlbeKareHomeCharOZONClar(бпнЧеркрежиLudwтеатNickКадрДойнРылоPinkmail
2биивыруPMMSMari143-СодеMusiMartЛазеАлекЧаданеблLEGOУшакБаркKillпробначасобаWilhУчасHarmHarm
HarmAdobавтоИллюRoofSusyZigzАфанANSWJudiстудСметMPEGtuchkasAstrЖигн

RE: Will you have your house paid off - whitesno - 12-24-2021

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru