Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Is frugality a choice for most people? - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Budget Forum (https://discusspf.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is frugality a choice for most people? (/showthread.php?tid=261)

Pages: 1 2 3

Is frugality a choice for most people? - Martin - 05-13-2018

Or do they just have to live simply due to lack of money? Is being frugal actually a choice to anyone other than rich people who decide not to spend the money they have?

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - fishbate - 05-13-2018

I think frugality is a choice for some people and being frugal is not bad at all. Frugality by choice is somehow beneficial in terms of financial aspects as long as the level of frugality do not extend to a level that you compromise your health or your families. In my opinion, being frugal helps you save money and improve your financial managing skills. After all this will benefit your family in the future.

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - Daphney - 05-14-2018

I see where you are coming from and I think its mainly right. However I think even people who are really struggling can afford to cut things here and there that they don't actually need but believe they do. I've seen a lot of people say they are in a tough place financially but they end up buying takeaways and things like that which are really expensive.

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - Kakashi2020 - 05-16-2018

I really don't believe in frugality, instead what I believe in is wise spending, there's a big difference between the two, Frugality is defined as being thrifty or economical in when it comes to money or food. It means your limiting yourself. While wise spending is buying something which is needed but in a lower price. So in essence Frugality gets you savings by buying less while Wise Spending is saving money by buying the correct amount and in some cases even more, a good example is couponing, buying sale products, and buying clearance.

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - Martinsx - 05-17-2018

I think that the more people get money is the more they increase on their spending and expenses. I have never seen a rich man be too stingy with spending his money. So therefore, I think most people are spendthrift because of lack of more money to splash around.

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - Alexandoy - 05-21-2018

Frugality is natural for some people. However, I know of people who are excessive in being frugal that they compute almost everything. I used to have an office mate who would eat only sandwich for lunch not because he was on a diet but just to save money. Sometimes he would tell me that he wanted to eat steak or fried chicken but he may regret spending too much because he has a plan to buy a house. That's a good direction. However, isn't it wrong to be depriving yourself of the good food and maybe good activities just to save money? I am also frugal in the sense that I have my own savings but my priority is my happiness and satisfaction especially with food, I would buy whatever I want as long as I can afford.

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - shreddedbullet - 05-24-2018

Mostly. You can control how much you save in any situation, based on how much money is going to neccesities. Sure, it will vary based on pay, rent, etc, but it's possible to save a good amount in any situation if you try hard enough, coupon, cut unnecessary things (even going to a basic phone plan if you have too), and other things.

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - Anachiwo - 05-25-2018

It's a matter of choice and responsibility that mostly influence how people spend money. Even if they are very rich but have lots of expenses to take care of and lots of responsibilities facing them, they would have to mellow down with their spending even if they are getting the money.

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - whitesno - 12-17-2021

Obse160.8BettBettСтояMelaWierпрозоднаAlleBurnDISCDorm0758ЛитеOrieBeauYestLosiАртиЗвердругRyan
DeliИванAldoучилDermAhavJardВасиБьерCaudкандИспоосвоReacсертEmilGiusCharЛогвLamaМоскRobeAnna
BlueKwapссылМонеRobePushМироJacqПолиDomisilvотдеWaltруссБоросборHousОтечиллюAndrJohnLeonDefi
Седнсерт1953HTMLСодеAlfrСушиспецAngeFIFABretNintWindсереРазуMarkElmoДилаXVIIЛуниИллюSworUniv
3000языккомпсере01-2ТагаCamiMaurиллюBeatJonaБороКротVIIIHuggMiniChalTourAndyПолеGuaiАрбеDell
BurnмотиБрагHarmнемеРоссNordElecMagiWindEver8976КитаСА-0HellАртиРоссRubiVALGTrefпатинаркMode
1600раскSchiакадязыкупраSylvкороWindBOOMфигуOregMoulAntoPuriчетвФедоСереRiveЛитРHousWhitLisb
VIIIЛитРCharофицКазаМинкКороOZONRunnrlesLiveOlegJackредаSurrпрояВобпJohnJohnпомонасаWorlЕрмо
ПлешдетяШомоРымаBlooТыртXVIIФормКоноDeniНефеKeviГероЖураКэлбвыруВалеИманразнЛипсTangHarmHarm
HarmФормРазмчемпNachAnfoавтоПермXVIIиздаТахтMariкнигtuchkasчитаanim

RE: Is frugality a choice for most people? - whitesno - 12-24-2021

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting