The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Do you budget? - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Budget Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Do you budget? (/thread-282.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Do you budget? - ghost - 05-17-2018

Do you actually have and stick to a budget? I often find myself paying out a little more than I really expect to monthly because I don't really have a set budget plan in mind and therefore I don't stick to it.

RE: Do you budget? - Martinsx - 05-17-2018

If you fail to budget, you are definitely going to have no track of how much spend and it would likely make a mess of your finances. I don't joke with budgeting because it helps me keep track of my expenses and know what it's important and useless to me.

RE: Do you budget? - Martin - 05-18-2018

I have a very rough budget, and tend to stick within a small margin of it. I don't vigorously write down every single inflow and outflow on a monthly basis as it just starts to take too long and becomes too restrictive, but I have ranges for my budget (i.e. I have £50-100 to spend on entertainment monthly)

RE: Do you budget? - Anachiwo - 05-18-2018

If I say that I don't budget, it would be a big lie but the question is do I work within the budget 100%? The answer that question is No. In as much as I make these budgets, I find it very difficult to work with it. I just try my best to not go too far with my expenses away from what I have budgeted.

RE: Do you budget? - KellyGeo - 05-18-2018

Of course yes, I do budget my spending on monthly basis in relation with the amount of money I earn in a month. This helps me to not spend more what I earn in order not to be in unnecessary debt.

RE: Do you budget? - Heatman - 05-19-2018

I was brought up by my mother all alone by herself and she was the only one in charge of managing the family's finances. I picked up the knowledge of how to plan and make budget from my teenage years and ever since then, I have never done any expenses without making a good budget for it.

RE: Do you budget? - NoviceNinja - 05-19-2018

My budget for the past few years is more of a list of set expenses and what we spend on fuel & food. I cannot do really much about it as our expenses are as low as they can go with the exclusion of cable for our entertainment & internet connection which I really need for work.

I do tally the yearly or semi-yearly bills into months to have saved money in order to pay for an unexpected car repair, etc. I do average into the budget a fixed amount for car & house expenditures so there is extra money to pay the bills as they occur.

I pay our bills way before the due date and keep the utilities, gasoline & grocery bills as cheap as possible by line drying clothes, using rainwater for the garden, using my bike instead of the car when I can, keeping the air conditioning off as much as possible, etc. You see, I have a lot of methods to save money in small ways so that I can be ready for an emergency if ever it is to happen.

RE: Do you budget? - Itsmenermin - 05-26-2018

Budgeting is really a necessary thing. I do budgeting because I know that my daily expenses are getting more expensive. And for me, budgeting is the only way to make everything in stable.

RE: Do you budget? - Kakashi2020 - 06-22-2018

That's a big yep. One really has to budget because if not you'll end up spending your savings or worst, you'll end up in debt.

At home I and my wife do compute our budget for the month and then we break it into weeks, then into days. Doing this we can have a clear picture on expenses vs income vs savings and the first rule is take off the savings first and divide what's left into your budget.

RE: Do you budget? - Heatman - 06-23-2018

(05-18-2018, 11:31 PM)KellyGeo Wrote: Of course yes, I do budget my spending on monthly basis in relation with the amount of money I earn in a month. This helps me to not spend more what I earn in order not to be in unnecessary debt.

Without having budget, you are definitely going to be caught up in unnecessary expenses that would pin you down in such a way that you would get into serious and unplanned debt. This is why it's very important to have a budget either on monthly or weekly basis.