The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Job, business or both? - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Business Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Job, business or both? (/thread-3.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Job, business or both? - Martin - 02-23-2018

Do you work and have a side business or just one or the other? For me, I am currently still studying at University and therefore able to focus on trying to make something from DiscussPF before I enter the world of work.

Job, business or both? - jyy - 02-25-2018

I have a business but am currently on disability. However, to get things rolling with the business, I would need a regular job (One like most Americans have, not a low wage writing job). There simply isn't any way to fund the business without it, at least, not to the degree I want.

Job, business or both? - xXInfectedXx - 02-28-2018

I have a job - I am a part time freelance - 99% of my wages is from Paid to Post. The income is low averaging from 50-100$ a month. Aiming to save 90% of my wages because tuition will no longer be free next year when I am 19 years of age.

Job, business or both? - dionnextherese - 03-11-2018

I also study at the University as well. But my mother has a business and an online job and she said that all you need for sucess is time management.

Job, business or both? - Heatman - 03-11-2018

I think one would have to work with what is disposal to him or her. But it's more better if one can have both a job and a business of his own. I'm working but have two separate business that I run. The business is paying me a great deal of money which sometimes I don't even touch my working monthly salary.

Here our government can be very funny, they hardly pay our salary promptly. You cannot believe that we are yet to be paid February salary and we are already in March 11th. So therefore, in this situation, it's my business that takes care of my needs.

Job, business or both? - Learna - 03-12-2018

I work part-time, and also have a side business from home. I think that if you are able to do it having both is wise and necessary, unless one is financially rich. In life there is always a need for income. I think working for yourself is better than working for someone else, that is why I have the side business. Although, I must admit, sometimes working for someone else can be very relaxing because all you have to do is work, whereas they have to do all of the many things associated with running a business.

Job, business or both? - Jamella18 - 03-14-2018

For me it really good to have both having a regular job and business. But the key to success is to have FOCUS. Like if we will going to study the life of those successful people whether in professional career and business they only focus on one thing, gave their full passion, determination, and time to that certain thing that they love working with. And given enough time you will see the fruits of their labor

Job, business or both? - neiledles - 03-15-2018

Hi there, in my opinion, it depends on your financial needs. If you have a work and your salary is enough to sustain your needs and buy some of your wants, then stick with work alone. If you think your salary is not enough to sustain your needs and want to give your income a chance to grow, then choose both work and business. Challenge here is you still need to allocate time for your life (such as time for family, friends and love ones).

Job, business or both? - JuanSapanataym - 03-15-2018

This is the formula that I apply in my life. Start with a job but end up with a firm business.

PHASE 1- HAVE A JOB
Why do you have to start with a job?
Mainly to earn some cash and be capable enough to start a business. Capability doesn't mean having money to start a business. The capital is not always the problem. Some people may have money but are not capable enough to start a business. Why? Some lack ideas, some lack skills and majority lack contacts. Running a business is about "what you know" and "who you know". It is about ideas and contacts. The skill is about how you play those two.
So where do get ideas and contacts?
Having a job is perfect to get those. You can analyze how your firm works. You can socialize with your bosses and colleagues. One of them may become a supplier, distributor or customer.

PHASE 2- HAVE BOTH JOB AND A BUSINESS
90% of new businesses fall on their first year. Raising a business is like raising a child. You don't leave them unless they are capable of living on their own. You need to support you business with more finances. Don't expect it to give you millions on the first months. Expenses might go over your income.

PHASE 3 - HAVE A BUSINESS ALONE
Why have a business alone if you can work and run a business at the same time? The answer is simple. Just look at the top business boomers. Who among them runs a business while having a job? None. If you want to be with them, copy them. You can still have a job, but this time in your own company.

Job, business or both? - jaymish - 03-15-2018

Currently trying to become self-employed on the internet. I'm a freelance writer and currently exploring ways to get into affilliate marketing.I'm determined to be an entrepreneur. It's not a walk in the park but at least I'm sure this is what I want to do. I had a very bad experience as an employee.I worked for people that were racist bullies. I learned my lesson and have no plans to revisit.