The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "extra" - Line: 100 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 100 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $location - Line: 1250 - File: inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 1250 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/google_seo/url.php 174 google_seo_url_hook
/inc/plugins/google_seo.php 317 require_once
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 239 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 20 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 41 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 43 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 43 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "logoutkey" - Line: 42 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 42 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.14 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Discuss Personal Finance Forum
Suitable Saving Pattern - Printable Version

+- Discuss Personal Finance Forum (https://discusspf.com)
+-- Forum: Personal Finance Forums (https://discusspf.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Budget Forum (https://discusspf.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Suitable Saving Pattern (/thread-96.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Suitable Saving Pattern - Anachiwo - 03-09-2018

Without savings, there is no way any business individual can progress because it's the only way such person would have funds available to use and improve and expand the business as well as taking care of his emergency needs. Now, saving patterns or schedule differs from business owners and employees who receive either weekly or monthly salary or wage payments.

For business men, they can easily save on daily basis depending on the amount they normally make in a day or choose to save weekly but for employees that depend on monthly payments, their possible saving pattern would be on monthly basis because it's the only time funds would be available to them.

Do you prefer saving weekly or monthly?

Suitable Saving Pattern - Martin - 03-09-2018

I think even most business people would look at their income more so on a monthly basis and decide to save then. I tally up what I've earned in a month and then save a percentage of that. When I enter the workforce as an employee then I will save monthly still, ideally around 40-50% of my income.

Suitable Saving Pattern - Anachiwo - 03-10-2018

[quote quote=841]I think even most business people would look at their income more so on a monthly basis and decide to save then. I tally up what I’ve earned in a month and then save a percentage of that. When I enter the workforce as an employee then I will save monthly still, ideally around 40-50% of my income.[/quote]

It's the same thing that I think of when it comes to how to save. Monthly saving a percentage of what you earn is going make it easier for the individual involved. It would be very nice if I could save up to 40-50% of my salary but it's not realistic for me because of lots of responsibilities to take care of. But I can easily made do with saving between 15-20% of my monthly income. It's not that bad in my opinion.

Suitable Saving Pattern - NRG17 - 03-12-2018

I stick with the old "Richest Man in Babylon" method - saving just 10% of my total income. At least, I did for years, until I was forced to dip into the savings due to an emergency. I'm trying to get back into it, but my current financial situation is far from rosy. I'm just being squeezed too tightly with bills and credit card, as I wrote about in another subforum.

Suitable Saving Pattern - Jamella18 - 03-16-2018

Its really good to save some percentage of your income. If you will begin that habit, I suggest you start with what you can deal with. Like 10% of your income, then as your income increases or as you develop a discipline on spending your money, increase as well your savings.

Suitable Saving Pattern - iamjoeymercado48 - 03-16-2018

[quote quote=832]Without savings, there is no way any business individual can progress because it’s the only way such person would have funds available to use and improve and expand the business as well as taking care of his emergency needs. Now, saving patterns or schedule differs from business owners and employees who receive either weekly or monthly salary or wage payments.

For business men, they can easily save on daily basis depending on the amount they normally make in a day or choose to save weekly but for employees that depend on monthly payments, their possible saving pattern would be on monthly basis because it’s the only time funds would be available to them.

Do you prefer saving weekly or monthly?[/quote]

We all know that saving requires self discipline and self motivation in order to be successful. But for me one of the most effective way of saving especially when you are a beginner in saving is to follow the 52 Weeks Challenge This pattern and initiation in saving teach us to save on the amount we can to reach the target we like.

For me this is effective and now aside from doing the 52 weeks challenge I am also saving the excess $1 remaining every week the n I will count and include it on my 52 Weeks challenge.

Suitable Saving Pattern - Barida - 03-17-2018

The daily savings which is also known as daily contributions for their business owners has been one of the best ways that they get to prepare for the uncertainty of the future. The thing with this type of savings is that it relieves you of the pressure that comes with not having to save at the save a large chunk of money at the end of every month. This is the type of savings that I look forward to doing when I have control over my business as well.

Suitable Saving Pattern - jaybee - 03-17-2018

Saving money is a really hard thing to do in this generation where all the things you need are expensive. It also requires a lot of discipline and passion in order to really save up and not just save up and then spend what you've saved. As a new entrepreneur, I do prefer saving money on a daily basis. I know my answer is not included in the choices but I hope my comment could help others. I actually save up on a daily basis because it's more convenient and doesn't pressure you a lot because for example if you saved up on monday until saturday and then you failed to save up for sunday, it wouldn't hurt that much because you know that you've saved enough money for the last six days which for me is great because you don't need to feel bad about your self. With this method I save only the smaller bills and not the bigger bills that I have and I also don't have an actual target amount. I just save up randomly and as of the moment I've saved a decent amount.

Suitable Saving Pattern - Heatman - 03-17-2018

I save both daily/weekly and monthly as well. The issue of daily savings is because I normally have spare cash at hand and I always useless it in spending on unnecessary things. So this led to my saying on daily/weekly basis and it has been very helpful in getting my saving up a lot of money within the month end.

I also save on monthly basis as well immediately I get my mom unit salary, I always save 20% of it and used the others to take care of my expenses and family responsibilities.

Suitable Saving Pattern - Mallymoth - 03-19-2018

While it would be great to be able to save 40% of income, most people's expenses eat up too a large a proportion for that to be possible. Ten percent is an achievable goal for most people (barring emergency circumstances or poverty wages). I aim for ten percent, and have an option on my debit card to round up purchases and stick the spare change in my savings account, as well. Every little bit counts.