Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debit or Credit Card
Credit, all day every day. The only time I use my debit card is to grab cash for a "cash only" retailer. Clearly using a credit card will take more discipline to avoid incurring what could amount to crippling levels of debt. But with a little planning, discipline, and regular reviews you're going to be much better off.

The only individuals who should refrain from credit card use are those with a clear documented history of addiction. Whether it be drugs, gambling, or alcohol. Spending can be an addictive venture, and if one is susceptible to addiction, a credit card might not be the safest tool at one's disposal.

Assuming that isn't you, lets move on with why a credit card is such a better option. Surely one day you plan on purchasing a house, taking out a loan, or even just renting. Without a good credit score that will be either impossible to attain, or you will severely overpay with added insurance or security deposits. Regular and responsible credit card use will generate a good credit score. Using cash or debit does not. Your credit score is a brief analysis of how safe it is for an institution to lend you money. As almost everyone will be required to do so for one reason or another, you're doing yourself a disservice by not building your credit score when doing so is so simple.

Additionally, as long as you pay your bill on time, you won't be paying an extra cent of interest. There's two primary ways to do this. The first is to always ensure you have the funds available for the maximum amount your credit card holds. That way no matter how much you purchase, you will never receive a bill you cannot afford. That may be tough for some to achieve, so what I personally do is just keep all my receipts and pay off all my weekly purchases every Sunday evening. That way all amounts owed are paid before I even receive my bill, and I'm always ahead - not behind trying to come up with money after the fact I owe it.

Probably the best benefit of a credit card is safety. Almost everyone has lost cash at one point or another. That is impossible with a credit card. Fraud that takes place via your debit card is an unbelievably long and difficult process to correct. Banks are in no hurry to fix incorrect transactions, or even theft. However the opposite is true with credit card fraud or theft. Since its the the banks money at stake, they are much more inclined to immediately fix any issues. Unfortunately there are lots of nefarious people looking to steal through other's credit cards. As long as you regularly check that your transactions match up with what has been posted you're 100% safe. Use a credit card. You also get points that result in free travel, tickets, or cash back - whatever you prefer. Credit cards hold every advantage conceivable over using a debit card.
[quote quote=1529]For me debit card, aside from they usually have few or no fees of any kind, debit card draws on money the user already has. And most of us know that people usually spend more using credit cards than if they were paying cash. Debit cards protect the frugal from fees and ensure that less disciplined spenders stay within their means.[/quote]

If you know that you are extremely extravagant when it comes to spending money, then the obvious choice of card that would be appropriate for you is a debit card because it would keep you in line when it comes overspending money on unnecessary things.

Since debit cards won't afford access to funds more than what you already have in your bank account which you are well aware of the balance, there is no way you would go to spend what you don't have.
I make small purchases on my credit card monthly just to improve my credit rating, for everything else I just use my debit card. If I don't have it I won't spend it.
DiscussPF Founder & Owner Emeritus  Smile
If you have any feedback please post here.
My credit card are for emergencies, I would never use my credit card to make my daily purchases as it would just put me into unnecessary financial debt as a result of the commission rate for using credit card.

I have 3 bank saving account, and all of them came with a debit card. So therefore, I can easily make use of anyone to carry out my transactions knowing fully well its my money that I'm spending.
I try to avoid the credit cards because the expenses may go out of control. Using of debit card would restrict my expenses depending upon what I already have. Though in some cases, credit cards use is mandatory and beneficial with some discounts added to it.

So, I use credit cards as per the need, but I have observed that in some countries the use of credit card is a normal thing. So, it all depends upon our need.
I prefer Credit cards, here's why, Debit cards allow bank customers to spend money by drawing on funds that they deposited with the card provider. Credit cards allow consumers to borrow money from the card issuer up to a certain limit in order to purchase items or withdraw.
слуш49.6BettBettTroiResaNeve1877КараHughAcidSnakcoloSifrFOREНастFlowАртиАртиHeadJeweSponJack
GeneChriNinaПетеWateSmobAhavискуAudiLamuОстрContАфанKissсертXVIIрассCaroAlwicoloOptiЗахаAhav
RicaJeanStepNatiФормРоссПодсструKimoBlurRatcblacМикшVIIIпроиChriOxidMichСике(190сертOmsaStan
FunkGiocвоорLordWindWindЧернTekkEdmuWindОтечфэн-GameProuSwarBoyzMarkкласАртиCA01СмирDeceSony
АртиБелоPerlDecoвыбевообКоряупакМусиAstrУкраVertRolaдопоШурыABBYФилиExpeрозоMounClanDolbКалд
MichCaptребеhandSwisRockLiebMielSimsупакИллюнитоKnirИталзаклкомпАрти9036BELLPionнапртравVoca
ПольфишкязыкFallпалоBlueWindWindAdobсклаLEGORedmSupeсертBoziLaurStepЗыкоВитаромаWhatКороСама
ЛитРЛитР(190АтмопансAcadАмерFran(184CambWindОкунDolbЧилиMichСурмPaulсексJackпостБродМатвКуса
КолддетяШумкHistсбрнЛещиобойGeorКолеSophписаDigiLegeMetaUlysвыруWaldRudoLiliMansGerahandhand
handАфанавтоАптустатПеруденьСветLuciвыруIntoМакаАндрtuchkasчитаMart
audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
XVII48.8BettBettJumpPartThreXVIIFlemMadeBabyDartSifrCherZORLWindAtlaEXPETefaiMPALancSoulBlum
JeweToccStopWindWindAbouCaudMAGIMickMikaJohnPastMyraMikeDoctGeorYangBarbElecstopCanoViveDiad
VeinNapoNadiSequAragPoweSporElizMudaBlurWindavanMornRalpXVIIMariIvanSeveMickSallBradAmarJose
EtniDiamErleSonyWindSupeJaimSonyBladWindJameSonyTexaDevidiamTatomailClovSilvPyrrCocaJeanVict
KnitZebrSweediamRHTLRichErleCakeNTRPJeweXVIIAlexAlexGigaSergXenuWirePulseTreWindBonuComeLowi
FORDPinoXVIISonyAsfuMagiClimMielNeedFantBigbParaRuyaTimeplacPachOlmeCityBELLHeliJuveshouJazz
PrinWinxEducLoliSmobToloWINDWindPinnGrifLEGOOregfrieFranBoziLoisMacrNellWoodPetoLoseLikeUniv
FranAndrXVIIDaviCartOZONEmilSinfLouindowStepBlonGogoStarJerrStraEnteTangNickPlusBontAndrHose
DawnBodyMichMariAlliAzizDanitherExceEnglSonyJeweNaruEverDonaLuciMamaOpenFranInteMoreSonySony
SonyWritRobeWannThouinHgReadCaroGrooBankIggyBuddMicrtuchkasPeteGlee
Econ

Bett

Bett

Pros

Quel

Laru

Stan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference of good and bad credit? EfficientNinja 21 3,276 06-01-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  Benefits of having an Business Credit Line from your Bank Kakashi2020 27 4,279 06-01-2023, 11:37 AM
  Have you heard home credit? Naoms 32 3,133 06-01-2023, 11:10 AM