Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Property or the stock market?
Investing in the stock market will need one with good knowledge of the stock market to excel or else it might turn out a total waste of money but property investment can be done by anyone and get succeeded in it, Investing in properties doesn't take much protocols like stock investment and properties appreciate in value almost yearly, one is more is likely to make triple of his or her money in future, if one invest in properties.So, I will invest in properties.
When it comes to investment, I think it is more practical to invest in property than stock market. Property investment is more reliable than stock market.

In Stock Market you get a share in equities of a company. When the company get in a difficult situation and their income decrease, the equities also decrease.

In Property, when you buy a property you can use it in many ways to be a source of income. You can develop it and establish a business. in that way you have a stable source.
I think investing in properties is a far better option. In stocks, you can't control the market. The market may go down in just a snap and all your investment are doomed. In the stock market, after many years, your money can still be on the downtrend. You need to study really hard about the stock market if you want your money invested in it. On the other hand, you have full control of your assets when you invest it in properties. You can't go wrong when you invest in properties. Also, properties increase its value over time.
Personally I'd go for stocks because of how much easier they are to deal with; just need a computer and internet connection and that's it. However I think that real estate is generally a better investment, but I don't see it worth my while as I don't have such need to maximize my assets' returns.
Why choose? Why not invest in both of them?If I have to choose I would go with property. The stock market is not passive income unless you invest in some kind of a fund. This is not the best way because it reduces your profit, as they have to take a commission. Property is more than likely to appreciate over time. Most people rely on this as a retirement strategy. They buy a house sell it on retirement, buy something smaller and live off the diffrence.
I think it's much safer to invest in a more concrete and stable outfit, and investing in property seems to be more safer than going with stocks. A lot of variables affects stock market and one can lose money pretty quickly if you don't know how to deal with stocks, but with property, you are guaranteed a steady income without redress.
Investing in stock market possess higher risk as compared to investing in properties. It is true that higher risk leads to higher profits and of course it can lead to big loss too, but when you invest in stocks you have to take a calculated risk based on the behavior of the markets over a time period.

Now if you are investing in global markets, you have a large amount of information about the behavior right from daily charts, trends and predictions but when it comes to property it varies a lot by where you are investing it and there is no accurate way of predicting whether the investment would make you profit or loss for sure.

Even a lot of political affairs easily influence the property rates which is not in the case of stock market and hence I invest in stocks regularly and I prefer investing for long term.
(02-24-2018, 03:01 AM)chameli Wrote: I think investing in property is better than investing in stock market. Let me explain, you bought a house, you can rent it to make money or use it for yourself and save money on rent. The value of your house will also increase over the time. Contrarily, if you invest in stock you never know whether the stock value will improve or fail. It is very risky.
Exactly! You literally said everything.
Investing in the stock market, for me , is more practical because you can invest at any given amount. In my experience, I just need 5k and I can already trade. I doubt if I can buy land for the same price. But if I could, then real estate is more secure than stocks because you won't lose it until you sell it, unlike stocks where its value can really fall at the spur of the moment and all your gains can be wiped out. It's the opposite for real estate because the value of land appreciates as time goes on and it stays with you no matter what, unless you sell it.
I think property in the long run would be the better investment, that is if you are going to rent it out and earn through , which is applicable to houses, apartments, warehouses and condominium units. To make money in plain lots however would take, a long time about 10-30 years is needed for it to appreciate, again this is applicable to lots only. Buying a lot and waiting for it to appreciate to 2x - 3x it's price is a good long time passive investment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone invested into land or property's? Empire 45 11,748 06-01-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  How to act in a bear market? EfficientNinja 20 2,940 06-01-2023, 02:47 PM
  Investing in the US Stock Market even if you're not from the US NoviceNinja 26 5,045 06-01-2023, 02:29 PM