Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will you do after retirement?
I think sometimes people see retirement as a very desirable thing, but forget to actually plan what they will fill the long days with after retirement. What is your plans for things to do once retired?
DiscussPF Founder & Owner Emeritus  Smile
If you have any feedback please post here.
It's a long way off but I would imagine I'd just sit back and relax every day. Watch football. Drink beer. Go fishing/hunting. Maybe work part-time for a while. Kids and grandkids? Haha.
Well, I haven't given much thought about but I think I would be travelling to different places with my wife. After retirement, I would have much free time to go to places I've always wanted visit. Maybe I would have a part-time job. Something that'd make me busy on ordinary days. Or maybe I can establish a small store so that we'd have extra income.
[quote quote=434]I think sometimes people see retirement as a very desirable thing, but forget to actually plan what they will fill the long days with after retirement. What is your plans for things to do once retired?[/quote]

We people tend and wishes to retired on the most early age as possible in the world of being an employee it is because When we retired as a normal retiree I wish to enjoy the years of being free . Free from the stress, free from the people who make you looks old and free to the toxic environment of work. I would like to spend the first weeks of my retirement get to have a super tight bonding with my family member it is because the moment we start working is the moment we tend to distance ourselves to our families in order to support their needs. So I will plan an out of town family get together.

Then I will set a mini reunion with my friends to take payment for all the happenings and meet ups I have lost since I worked. We also remember that those times you feel alone and distance to the people and they tend to get close to you even to the point that you lost time for them but still they are here for you is what we called Friends to treasure.And lastly I will put my own business so that I enjoy the life I wanted but still I am earning because of my future business. Always remember that money is easy to spend than to save it especially if you are in the face of enjoying it and forgot tomorrow.

Thank You
I don't think I will retire. The only exceptions are I lose my fingers or eye sights. I am a blogger, web designer, internet marketer, and a writer. I need a computer to work. I will lose my fingers or eyes, I cannot use a computer. I will continue to work with my eyes and fingers do not fail me. I cannot think of retirement because working is one of my main priorities in life and I actually enjoy working.
Retirement period is one of the most difficult time of man that many feel like the world is coming to an end whenever the word that they are retiring soon is being mentioned. However, I always see the period retirement as a time that we should feel happy to have been approved to go and rest for the rest of my life.
I should have a business that time so I can do whatever I wanted to. It's good to have an investment as early as now so won't suffer on your retirement. We have to learn to plan ahead for our better future.
I will create a small business and enjoy the rest of my old life doing something productive, but not so taxing. It's gonna be so much fun and so relaxing at the same time. Don't really want to waste my years sitting in a chair like every old bastard Big Grin
I will need to stay active and motivated. Retirement should mean you've saved enough that you no longer need to work, not that you're too old to work with any sort of quality any longer. I think staying physically fit and mentally stimulated is key. A lot of people can very easily fall into the trap of sitting on a couch at home, complaining about how bored they are and how miserable they feel. The key to enjoying retirement is surely to do the exact opposite.

Personally I'll be busy golfing, attending sporting events, traveling, and bike riding. I can't wait to have a slightly more laid back life with a bit less responsibility.
I have few goals after retirement. I'm only young; 17 years of age but it's good to plan your life so you enjoy every second of your time on planet earth. My plans are to stay active and physically fit so I can live as long as possible. I see retirement as a very desirable life event, but only if I can afford it as I'd like to spend the time travelling the world (the south east). Travelling gives me the time to sit back and relax every day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Downsizing on retirement Martin 21 2,321 06-01-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  Semi retirement jobs Martin 33 3,576 06-01-2023, 10:15 AM
  Fear of retirement Martin 34 7,833 06-01-2023, 10:03 AM