Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you budget with your spouse?
When you are looking into budgeting, do you do it with your spouse/partner or do you both run separate streams of expenditure? Mine is joint so that we know exactly where we are.
DiscussPF Founder & Owner Emeritus  Smile
If you have any feedback please post here.
I don't have a girl or boy friend, I live with my parents so therefore I budget by myself. I have a personal non-business PayPal account and a debit account. My parents budget together with a joint bank account, but I manage my funds by myself.
I still live with family members and don't have an hot sexy girl.
I've actually managed to get my husband very much on board with budgeting and saving. Before we got married, he was a big spender - didn't really consider saving much at all, and was pretty frivolous with what he purchased. He also bought a LOT for other people - he grew up in a pretty well off family so I guess he always had something of a fallback, perhaps? Anyway - he's so good with it now - it has been something of baby steps to get him to that point, but now we always sit down and discuss how much we have coming in, what we can save, what needs to be paid, where we can possibly make extra money and more!
The right thing to do is to bddget every expenses with one's spouse which I do with my husband to avoid duplication of things bought.The people involved might just buy so many of the same thing and leave buying very important things because they didn't planned together.It always good to budget for the home expenses together,so as to avoid mismanagement, unneeded spending and duplications of items bought.
She is my wife for crying out loud and we are one living together in the same home as one family. So therefore, it's absolutely right and necessary to plan our budget together and know how best to run our family needs, ensuring that the best decision is taken for the good of ourselves and that of our kids.

Budgeting separately would bring about divided trust in the family and this is not a good way to let one's family thrive. Remember that saying that a family that trust itself tend to do better than where there is lack of trust. So, my wife is my number one partner when it comes to family budgeting.
My wife is actually the one who handles our family upkeep budget, all I need is the download of what I need to make available in terms of money to be used and support and execute the budget.

We have a family joint account, so she knows the amount of money available in the family's account and it's from it that she plans the budget and give me an overview before I sanction a green light on it or make some ammendment where I see fit to. But 100% of the budget planning is her duty.
Since we're both working, there are times the we split a certain expense and there are times we allocate expenses and of course I get the bigger ones. I also give her a home budget to be used for groceries and food items.
I am sure that every family should have a joint budget. My husband earns a bit more than me, and usually, we use my money for saving and investment, as well as for my favorite procedures in the beauty salon. We use my husband's salary to buy food and pay the bills. We always count the total amount of money we have earned together, and I am responsible for managing it.
We try to send some money to our parents every month as a present. Such habits give us a nice opportunity to be happy and not to worry about money too much. We can afford to spend some money on our hobbies and go out on a date to a restaurant at least once a month.
It is the best thing to do if one wants to get the best off his or her family budget weekly or monthly. It is pertinent a husband and a wife sit down to planned for the needs of the family and only go for what is necessary. I do this with my partner all the time,this help us not to buy things in excess or buy things that wouldn't be helpful for the family.Two heads are better than one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food Budget Kakashi2020 33 7,631 06-01-2023, 02:38 PM
Last Post: whitesno
Question How much do you budget for your medical expenses KellyGeo 33 8,752 06-01-2023, 02:12 PM
  Do you budget? ghost 34 9,048 06-01-2023, 11:51 AM