Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Food Business
I'm currently planning to put up an online food business which is strictly pickup, to cater my surrounding area, first I thought of doing deliveries but decided against it, because it would just add to the cost.  
My target market would be small eateries, stores that sells cook food and canteens. There's some leg work and negotiations needed but getting 3-5 regular customers can give me a good profit.  I'll be using Facebook and Messenger as my platform for ordering.  Payment upon ordering is my rule and it's through GCash, PayPal and they can also pay in cash a day before.
I'm planning to sell my KFC knockoff chicken which I thoroughly researched through trial and error, I think I've made 25 batches in a week before I perfected it.  
I got the idea in YouTube, I was watching a food channel when I saw a video of people claiming they have copied KFC fried chicken from aroma, looks and taste, so I got interested and one video led me to the grandson of Colonel Sanders being interviewed and from there I got a shot of the 11 herbs and spices so I started experimenting how to cook it since there's no mention on how to marinade, how to coat and how to cook it and what temperature to use.  Also the amount of the 11 herbs and spices in relation to the flour and other dry coat ingredients.
I'll share to you the 11 herbs and spices just experiment on it if you want.
By mentioning the legendary Colonel Sanders, it feels like I'm inspired again. Having just read or hear his name makes me glad. I remember this one video that I have accidentally watched in Facebook and it tells the true story of KFC's founder and sole creator of the very popular Fried Chicken until now. His story is truly amazing and very inspiring at the same time. It is amazing because he suffers a lot even went to the point that he decides to end his life but thankfully he did not do it, amazing again because he used his retirement pay to start a small business which leads him to his highest success now. And his story is inspiring because no matter how hard things happened to him, he didn't let death totally get him and he did not lose faith either that he can overcome those challenges he fought with.

Anyway, keep it up on what you're planning to do right now. You never know you might be the next modern Colonel Sanders soon.
Wow! This would be really a great idea! I think, this technique in food business is really awesome.
A food business, especially for pickup or delivery, is a good idea. However, I don't know the connection with online when the target market is just within the vicinity. I guess a much better approach of advertising is via tarpaulin or flyers. There are such businesses in our villages that we receive flyers from time to time. The last was a cleaner of air conditioner that is inside our village. They don't bother to put up a website since it is not a big business much more with the target market are those living inside our village.
Wow, this is a nice idea. It may be very profitable in any area especially if you could advertise it well and many people in your town or city can read your ads. Can you please type the 11 herbs and spices on your first post? I can't read the image you attached well. I should try recreating the chicken at home for lunch! Thanks!
Anything about food in my country sell well because of the Number of people that depends on food sold on the street. People are always on the go so they hardly make food for themselves so the food is really booming.I will say check out the business in your vicinity if it is worthwhile then dive into it and make the best of it.
An online food business is a good idea. Forgive me for disagreeing, but you need to offer delivery services for it to be successful because the main reason they ordered online is that they are too lazy to go out of the house and buy (like me). Target millennials because according to studies, they are the ones who have too much money to burn when it comes to food deliveries.

Alexandoy's suggestion of giving out flyers and leaflets is a great idea too, hire someone to give it out for you to make you focus more on the operations of the business. You can also use Facebook Ads and maximize the use of Facebook Audience Insights to target potential customers in your specific area. Remember, at first, the primary goal of ads is to not get conversions in the form of sales but to get your name out there and be known. Good luck!
(06-20-2018, 06:29 AM)NoviceNinja Wrote: An online food business is a good idea. Forgive me for disagreeing, but you need to offer delivery services for it to be successful because the main reason they ordered online is that they are too lazy to go out of the house and buy (like me). Target millennials because according to studies, they are the ones who have too much money to burn when it comes to food deliveries.

Alexandoy's suggestion of giving out flyers and leaflets is a great idea too, hire someone to give it out for you to make you focus more on the operations of the business. You can also use Facebook Ads and maximize the use of Facebook Audience Insights to target potential customers in your specific area. Remember, at first, the primary goal of ads is to not get conversions in the form of sales but to get your name out there and be known. Good luck!

I agree to this guy. You need to have delivery services because some people order online because of their laziness to go out and buy at a physical store.
It is a nice idea bit I think it is a hard concept as well. Online food business, for my opinion, is your going to post your food products online and send to those who ordered via express delivery. I think it sounds ridiculous but it seems to be the concept is like that. I think this idea is good only in dry goods.
Эвол157.48BettBettИллюAlfrБоганароМиханаук1866ПешеTefaWindIrwi1с67JameвходКитаWindPujmДолмTesc
RobeDonaPonsанглAloeBylyDoctФедоуказPalmповеСолоБелоBrilобслEmilLewiБариУгриАрхаГоряBINDсерт
SplaDepaСероЭббоArthВивьКазаMariремеведрWarmАфанLucaUnplJohnссылErnsXIIIFlasнароDonaXVIITran
EidoсертгражFirsJaneВиноКараПровГофмNeedСербRADVWindсереShirKnocLiliпораKarlWillпрофGothМосо
3000JohnArtsсереSwarDinoShanPeteJudiДубрBonuCareГолеFredвнешWataREIKmpegСамоСлэтJeweНовоSome
PedrптицплафHEPAфабрEasyПробDavoвысоWindИллюИталSatiСА-0QueeExpeплас4734РомаKenwобралечеBlue
FlatраскSpecГрацNatiСероКитаInteрукоSkinTissBoscBoscсертJohnЛитРЛитРКукуФедьпсихDigiаспиМалы
ЛитРЛитРПечаЛапиПримКиреСадрEmilвынуCharKapoJonaSunsСтепОдессильBangScarвузоXIIIHelmWorlЧере
ПлешЦареавтоБориTearChatиздаскорКалгInclУзорстихBirtМакаКопыОхлоначаЯшенGrahФролРадиHEPAHEPA
HEPAAutoBlytименХолоNiveDigiHaveавтоScopСамоexspдопоtuchkasСероОлей

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advertising in business Heatman 19 5,332 06-01-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  My business plan Lord Saru 23 3,232 06-01-2023, 03:55 PM
  Your business inspiration? Martin 30 7,227 06-01-2023, 02:46 PM