Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your monthly savings ?
We do budgeting to save money, to make our money last, or to cover our expenses.  I do budgeting to save money for my kids future.  
Budgeting is really easy to learn but it's very hard to correctly implement, with all the urges we experience on daily life.
I am from nepal. I am a married woman. My husband's and mine combined income is 100,000 ruppes per month. When we receive salary, we save 10 percent of our income in the bank and manage our expenses woth remaining 90 percent. We also use the remaining 90 percent income to make investment in gold or stocks. The current exchange rate is 1 USD equals 100 rupees.
Anyone who doesn't budget to fund his or her expenses, would most likely be in serious debt because of making unnecessary and unplanned expenses as a result of no plans. The truth is that saving habits is learnt and if one lacks at it, it's definitely going to be a difficult thing for such person to be able to save money. I try as much as possible to save at least 30% of all my monthly earnings. The 30% is the best that I can do with all the responsibilities facing me as a father.
My monthly budget was just really good for all mg needs, that's why it is hard to make savings.
I don't just only have a monthly budget but I also set aside an emergency fund for unforseen and unexpected expenses that might take me by surprise unknowingly. This have helped me so many times that I would never joke with making a budget and setting aside an emergency fund.
In my situation, it's really not easy to maintain my savings that's why, I would say that it depends.
It requires a great deal of self-control if a person wants to save well for the future. The world is full of enough pleasures that can attract you to spend every bit of the penny earned. I do not say that we should become a miser and stop enjoying our lives. Saving a fraction of our earnings and that too regularly will definitely help to build a handful of savings in a few years.
I'm currently a student, so extremely low income. I save in chunks mainly at the moment - when I finish a term I will put away whatever I've got left before I get paid again. I've managed to build a decent level of savings thus far though, more than anyone else I know in my circles, so I am happy with it.
DiscussPF Founder & Owner Emeritus  Smile
If you have any feedback please post here.
I am currently a student so my estimated monthly savings is Php 4000-5000. These savings I have every month is a huge amount for a student like me already.
It's really not possible for me to have saving everyday because we don't really have that many sources. It just depends.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monthly or yearly budgets? Martin 34 6,241 06-01-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  What Are Your Savings/Checking Account Interest Rates? Salt 25 3,372 06-01-2023, 02:15 PM
  Why do people have such little savings? ghost 19 3,165 06-01-2023, 01:09 PM