Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting meal to save money
Sad 
When it comes to saving money, there is nothing one wouldn't hear that people engage in order to save money. Just yesterday when I was discussing with one family of mine, he informed me that he has to cut down on his meal number on daily basis in order to save money. He eats only twice a day, instead of three times. 
Would you go to such extent in order to save money?
Keeping it ow mean eating in more often then eating out. I don't eat big meals like I used to back 5 or more years ago and isn't about cutting back! it's more then what food you get for the price. Meat is an expensive option as well as fish and if you stay away from having those kind of food then you will save more.
I really wouldn't say that I need to cut on my meal to save money because I don't believe that there is any amount of food that I would eat today that can be capable of leaving me broke, that is so not possible. I do eat as my body dictates but I try as much as possible to avoid unhealthy foods that would cause me health problems.
I don't joke with my meal in any way at all. My meal is not going to be the reason why I cannot save money very well, so therefore, I'm not going to be starving myself only in the name of saving money. If I die, please who would eat the money that I saved from staying hungry?
Health is wealth, therefore, cutting meal to save money is not a good idea. You need to eat to live healthy, when you are healthy and fit, you can work hard to make money. However, you should cut food that does not do good to your body. For example, you can avoid chocolates, ice creams, carbonated drinks, alcohol, cigarettes etc. You can also switch to vegetarian food. vegetarian food saves a lot of money. Vegetarian food is better than on vegetarian food.
(06-06-2018, 06:50 AM)chameli Wrote: Health is wealth, therefore, cutting meal to save money is not a good idea. You need to eat to live healthy, when you are healthy and fit, you can work hard to make money. However, you should cut food that does not do good to your body. For example, you can avoid chocolates, ice creams, carbonated drinks, alcohol, cigarettes etc. You can also switch to vegetarian food. vegetarian food saves a lot of money. Vegetarian food is better than on vegetarian food.

I completely agree with you on this my friend. I really wonder who you are saving the money for when you fall sick from poor meals and eating well? Then it would be time to use the saved money to go to the hospital and seek medical treatment. Isn't that the worst saving condition that someone would want to follow?
(06-06-2018, 01:18 AM)KellyGeo Wrote: I don't joke with my meal in any way at all. My meal is not going to be the reason why I cannot save money very well, so therefore, I'm not going to be starving myself only in the name of saving money. If I die, please who would eat the money that I saved from staying hungry?
Seriously, I was shocked by hearing such saving strategy from my friend. I didn't want to discourage him from making efforts to save money but it's not one of the best means to save money because he would probably get himself in a health problem for not eating well. I'm not encouraging doing this at all.
(06-06-2018, 01:18 AM)KellyGeo Wrote: I don't joke with my meal in any way at all. My meal is not going to be the reason why I cannot save money very well, so therefore, I'm not going to be starving myself only in the name of saving money. If I die, please who would eat the money that I saved from staying hungry?

You have a very good point discussed here my friend. If you keep yourself hungry just to save more money, it's actually going to have a medical side effect on you and even your body appearance will tell that something is not right. If you get yourself killed by going hungry, other are going to be the one to eat your money, especially those that doesn't know how the money came into existence at all.
(06-06-2018, 08:25 AM)Anachiwo Wrote:

You have a very good point discussed here my friend. If you keep yourself hungry just to save more money, it's actually going to have a medical side effect on you and even your body appearance will tell that something is not right. If you get yourself killed by going hungry, other are going to be the one to eat your money, especially those that doesn't know how the money came into existence at all.

Money is meant to be spent, although it is also important to have some part of the money saved up for emergency purposes but it doesn't mean that you have to go hungry in order to have some money saved up.
(06-08-2018, 07:17 AM)KellyGeo Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 08:25 AM)Anachiwo Wrote:

Money is meant to be spent, although it is also important to have some part of the money saved up for emergency purposes but it doesn't mean that you have to go hungry in order to have some money saved up.

"Money is meant to be spent and also saved as well". This is a 100 % factual statement and anyone who doesn't spend his money as well as save a part of it is going at life in the wrong manner.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What % of your income do you save? Martin 38 9,402 06-01-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  Cost-cutting at home Alexandoy 19 3,301 06-01-2023, 02:49 PM
  Gambling and Lottery Winnings, would you save or spend it? Kakashi2020 29 6,300 06-01-2023, 02:32 PM