Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving motivation
For me the key to be motivated in savings, is to have a goal for a specific things that you want to acquired to experience for. Whenever I do savings, I post a picture of the things or place that I want to have or visit the soonest - the main purpose why I save. So that I will always be reminded to save first for that target.
I just want to share with you my lifetime principle of saving. I've been doing this since I've got my job and it's very quite effective and I have been able to save a vast amount of money.

"Don't save what is left after spending but spend what's left after saving"
I think part of my motivation to save money is for financial freedom - I know that if I save, I'm not actually depriving myself but actually making life easier in the long term. I'm also motivated by my kids and wanting them to have a safe and stable childhood, and not worrying about our finances.

It might sound dorky though but I actually enjoy saving a lot. I think there's something really fun about it!
What motivates me to save more is the joy that comes from looking at my bank account balance and seeing how fat it is after I must have invested well which yields returns on either weekly or monthly basis.

This actually takes away the appetite to eat anything because I'm filled with joy knowing that my financial status is very stable. So therefore, the more I save and invest and get return of investment always motivates me to keep on saving and not be too extravagant.
To me saving is a daily activity, what I do is whatever change (as in coins left in my pockets in a day would go to either my drawer or inside a vase which stands 4 feet tall and about 3 feet in circumference. Doing this I save about $0.50 a day so that's $15 per month or $180 per year, were talking currency converted from pesos.
On a daily basis I set aside $1 no matter what happens I'll get a $1 and put it into my clutch bag. Doing this I save $365 a year no more no less.
Saving money helps me to become more discipline as well in other aspects of my life, especially discipline in self-control. My motivation is to assure my state to become financially secure always in the future. Meaning, I may be able to have an emergency fund and reserved money whenever I wanted to in the future.
I stay motivated to save when I have my list of very important things I need to acquire in my head, this has always helped me stay focus and only go for what I really need. Saving will naturally be easy if we can have a list of our needs always in our head so that we only work toward accomplishing them only.
You should read books about personal finance. That will motivate you to save and invest. You should give the book Millionaire Next Door and Rich Dad Poor Dad a chance. This made my financial IQ higher and I view money making, saving, and investing in a different way now.

Good luck!
I am motivated to save money because I want to repay my mother for her sacrifices she made while I was still studying and also I want to save money because I want to go to Europe and Korea one day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suitable Saving Pattern Anachiwo 28 7,741 06-01-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  Saving/Spending Based on Income FlyEaglesFly 33 6,206 06-01-2023, 03:12 PM
  Saving via minimalism - living in a tiny space? Martin 25 4,882 06-01-2023, 01:47 PM