Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gambling and Lottery Winnings, would you save or spend it?
I love gambling and betting but I do so scientifically, I study the odds and always bet for and not against.  Whatever I win I make sure to save half of it and use the other half to bet and gamble and win some more.
I gambling? nope. DO I do the lottery? nope. Other family members do also but don't as big as we used to since it's an wast of money for something that you will never get back or win.
My mother used to bet in some lottery then, but not until she realized that it was just a waste of money. Because she never won.
I would save 75% of the winnings and gamble with the other 25%. A general rule of gambling is to not let greed or desperation cloud your judgment and do not gamble "essential" funds - for bills and expenses. Otherwise, you will pay dearly - it pays to keep emotions out of gambling.
I don't know but I have never believed in making money through lotteries ,gambling or betting I don't indulging in things that are not sustainable or so legit.I don't like a game of chance either so I don't indulge at all but since it always good for you then enjoy and continue to save the portion that you seem fit.
I don't do any of these but I know some people who gamble and play the lottery. For me, gambling is a very easy way to lose your wealth. The lottery gives you a very low chance to win because there are too many combinations for a winning ticket.

If I would somehow win a large amount in a lottery, I would spend a small portion of it to enjoy with my family. The large part would be spent on investments or starting a business.
If you play for small wining on betting and lottery, then it's only practical to have the money spent or still being used to play another bet and lotteries. But when you play for huge potential wining of jackpot, then it's only normal to save the money and have some investment made with it.
(06-14-2018, 05:17 AM)Enyi Wrote: I don't know but I have never believed in making money through lotteries ,gambling or betting I don't indulging in things that are not sustainable or so legit.I don't like a game of chance either so I don't indulge at all but since it always good for you then enjoy and continue to save the portion that you seem fit.

I agree and it is the correct mindset to approach gambling. I had a friend who once won 1000 us from gambling and instead of quitting she gambled it all away - that is how greed destroys you. Gambling isn't a sustainable or secure financial option and should be approached with extreme caution.
Gambling is probably situated chances to making money. There are some who have not won any penny ever since they started playing, so it's not the best means to seek making money but should luck have it that one had to win a huge sum of money like $200,000 from lottery or betting, it's very important to save such money and invest some as well.
To be honest, most times money won on gambling and lottery as well betting doesn't really have longevity. It seems to behave like a money of witchcraft, you wouldn't know you had spent it all without any clue. I have had some experience when I won around $1000, it went up on smoke like magic. I had no clue how I used it all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What % of your income do you save? Martin 38 9,440 06-01-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: whitesno
Sad Cutting meal to save money Heatman 35 7,232 06-01-2023, 02:09 PM
  Lifestyle Changes that can Save Money NoviceNinja 34 8,834 06-01-2023, 11:57 AM