Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone invested into land or property's?
If you was to buy land and good size of land at and good price, You then might able to earn interests and also in the future able to sell your land and earn an good amount to the right buyer.

You can also do it to property's. But them then fix them up then sell or rent
No, but have plans to. The UK supports the younger generation into climbing the property ladder and offers a Help to Buy ISA which I have this and it provides 2% interests annually and 25% interest of your total savings if you are using the money in your ISA as a deposit towards a home.
Not currently however I plan on obtaining a mortgage within the next 5-7 years and my overall ambition is to go into property development.
DiscussPF Founder & Owner Emeritus  Smile
If you have any feedback please post here.
Landed property is one of the most trending investments youths in my country Nigeria are moving towards. Those with foresight had acquired lands in timid areas years back before development came anywhere near such location. But now, they can sell the land 5 times more than what they acquired it for. I really wish I had the funds to invest into land like 10 years ago and right now, I would be counting in millions.

Buying building or building one and punting it out for rent or lease is one good investment as well especially if the house is in the urban area where there are too many people looking to rent an apartment. It's definitely going to keep the cash flowing in for the landlord.
Buying landed properties is one of the ways that I've discovered that people living in my country make lots of money and the good thing about it is that you can hardly run at a loss simply because of the increasing population of those living in this part of the world. I've not taken time to invest in landed properties and it is as a result of not having the needed money to do it. My plan is that I will save a good amount of money and see ways that I can get to buy lands and landed properties and either sell them on a later time or build on to for rental purposes.
I myself have not invested into land or property but I have big plans in doing so. I have known some friends who are into investing land. As they say, investing into land is a great because its value appreciates. This is the only investment in my opinion that stays forever. I am saving money to acquire a parcel of land here in our area. It might not be useful today but there will come a time that you would thank yourself for buying land.
If you are looking at getting an investment property that would last you years without depreciating but instead would appreciate on yearly basis, then it's best to jump into landed property and estate business management. I'm yet to invest in any buying a landed property but never give up is my watch world.

My father just recently acquired 3 plots of land and he is already making arrangements on developing the land into building hostel for students. Students hostel is a hot business thriving well here, so I do understand the reason why my old man took interest in building a hostel.
My father inherited a large farmland from his father. later, father transferred the ownership of the entire land between his two sons. I acquired around 5 hectors of farmland from my father. I have not invested any money on land and property yet, however, I have plans to make an investment in the land I have acquired. I might convert the farmland to a real estate property some day.
I have invested in two properties already the first one is a lot overlooking the sea it's inside a Resort Type Development Project called Camaya Coast. It's a 300sqm lot that I bought in 2007 it's now fully paid and it cost me a total of $30,000. What's good is the price has risen up and it's present resale value is about $45,000 since they have developed the place,theres a lot of restaurants and even a hotel there now. The other property I invested in is a townhouse in the outskirts of the city, it has a good overlooking view of the metro manila and it was a foreclosed property which was auctioned off, I and my wife bought it for a bargain but we had to get a bank loan to finance it.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND Wrote:Empire pid='43' dateline='1519760988']If you was to buy land and good size of land at and good price, You then might able to earn interests and also in the future able to sell your land and earn an good amount to the right buyer.

You can also do it to property's. But them then fix them up then sell or rent
I do have some property investments and one of them is a lot inside a beach resort which I bought 9 years ago and I paid for it for 7 years.  It's fully paid now and I'm selling it for only $40,000 or PHP 2 Million, it's area is 180sqm, its an overlooking lot which has a 270 degree view of the coast line, beach front, sea.  The resort is called Camaya Coast and it has a hotel, restaurants, a golf course and complete amenities like Water Sports, swimming pools, sauna and massage etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So who is invested in P2P's? MrT 17 2,236 06-01-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: whitesno
  Property - flipping or renting? Martin 23 2,744 06-01-2023, 09:58 AM
  Property or the stock market? Martin 38 10,600 06-01-2023, 07:37 AM