Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self employed or Employee
Leaving behind the familiarity of having a regular job and starting your own business is pretty daunting. But you’ve got to admit, at some point in our lives we all dreamed about being our own bosses. As a self-employed business owner you have the ability to control and make your own decisions. Your client only has the final say of the product but the rest is all up to you. Another thing is that, you get to work at home, no need to get stuck in traffic on your way to work. Balancing work and personal life can be a bit difficult, but running your own business gives you the power to take time-off whenever you need it. Being self-employed also gives you a chance to constantly adapt, learn and improve your skills since every client is a whole new challenge. As an employee, you’ll get paid overtime but you’ll rarely get a share of the profits generated whereas when your self-employed, you get to see your hard work pay off.

Truly, starting your own business is risky since you’ll have to put your career and personal finances at stake. You shouldn’t see them for what they are but instead think of them as necessary obstacles towards a greater path. If you get it right, the rewards will surely outweigh these personal risks.
I am self employed. I love not depending on anyone and basically just operating on my own time and doing whatever i want. Even though it's more risky, i don't really care since i am a risk taker myself. It has always been my dream to be completely independent and just living my life the way i want to. As cliche as that sounds, it's really amazing and i would encourage everyone to head in that direction.
I'm an employee at McDonalds and part-time employed online as FreeLancer. On the side of all this, I'm trying to get my Maths and English qualifications at college to succeed further in my career. Life is all about setting goals, and my objective for next year before my free education runs out is to achieve my maths and English GCSE's.
If you have the money to put up your owned business, then do it. There's no other greater working environment else where in this planet, than to work on a business that you owned. If I can exhort my whole effort to the fullest to a company that give me less benefits, then why should I not do it on a business that I owned.

Being self employed is like living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't.
I am comfortable being self employed. Having your own business means you are your own boss and the boss of your staffs, if there are any. You control your own time and you control how the work should be done. The only negative thing I see to this is you carry all the risk - the risk og being bankrupt etc. Unlike when you are an employee, even though the company is not doing well at the end of the day you still receive you salary.
I think a person should be well-rounded and should experience being an employee as well as to have his own business or being self employed.
It's good for young people to get a job first so that they would have an idea on how businesses are run, and so that they may know the value of money.

Getting a job is also the best way of saving money to be used as business capital in the future. By the time the employee saves enough money to open his own business, he would have the much needed experience and knowhow in operating his own business.
I would always rather be self-employed because I'm disabled and don't get along with others. However, though, I realize I have to be somewhat social cause I need non-self employment to get biz capital. There just isn't a way around it!
Self employed I guess.
I am more of a freelancer but I am doing an accounting degree in University. I like the freedom of being a freelancer and even though work or income may not always be stable, I am able to pay my bills and live comfortably and I don't have to answer to anyone but myself. Once you taste this freedom it is difficult to become an employee for someone else and it allows me time to develop other skills as well.
I prefer self employment to being an employee because, self employment has many advantages, considering that it is your own job and you can do whatever you want at any time. Meaning, you are your own boss. Here, you set your own goals where you work under no pressure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you want in life. Full-time Employee or You are the Boss? masmas 31 6,725 06-01-2023, 08:45 AM
Last Post: whitesno