Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What % of your income do you save?
I save atleast 20% of my total earnings offline, while 100% of my online earning goes directly to my savings account. The reason why I save 100% of my online earning is that I consider online works as a hobby and not a job. For as long as i can support my needs with my offline income, I will not spend anything from my online income .
I usually can save 30-40% of my salary since I am sort of the breadwinner of my family. Even though we have a small convenience store, I still have to give money to my mother for my siblings' tuition fee and daily allowance. I try to save 60-70% of my income during months that they don't have school. In the future, I wish to save 70% of my income for myself and my retirement.
Since I still live with my parents, I save most of my income. I save about 80% since I do not pay yet for my housing and I just graduated and I do not have a family of my own yet.
For me, I save a minimum of 25% of my income. In the present scenario, where the cost of living is so high, it is next to impossible to save a very big portion of your earnings. I try to avoid unnecessary expenditures and set aside a fixed amount each month, so I can easily achieve my goals. Self-control is the most important factor.
None, but then again, I don't make enough to where I feel it would be worthwhile. Anyway, though, I think that might be a bad move.  What do you guys think?- What should I save from a monthly income of around 550 USD?
(02-23-2018, 03:41 AM)Martin Wrote: What % of your income do you save on a monthly basis? Would you like to save more?

About 10 percent right now which is fine with me, I started saving 20 years ago, when I was still single, I painstakingly save as much as 50 percent of my monthly salary to pay for my stock investments and insurances, then about 10 years ago I paid off my personal life insurances and I was already getting extra income from my stocks so after some good deals I invested in several properties, which are all paid up since 2 years ago.  So right now my money is already earning me some good passive income.  Im just saving a bit now and putting half of my savings into the accounts of my kids as extra allowance while half of my savings becomes my spending money.
For my 100% of my salary monthly I divided it wisely for my expenses everyday, 20% for my electricity bill included water bill, 20% for my cloths I buy cloths each week, 20% for my savings and lastly 40% for my foods this is the biggest expenses I have.
I don't depend on formulas given out by investement advisers because this is not real life. What I try to do is have multiple projects /income streams. I don't touch the money from it and it goes straight into my savings. I think this is the only way to save .Any other way in my opinion would not work for me because when you have money lying in your spending account you tend to spend it. I found this to be an amazing way to save, I take my income and put it straight in my savings account and don't touch it unless I have an emergency. Life has taught me when you have an emergency put away as much money as you can. It will help you out in future.
I have seen all sorts of calculations and equations for this type of thing but I cannot really bring myself to be that strict about it, although it is certainly important and I do consider myself a good saver. I would say that I do try to save about half of my disposable income, if not more, but of course that also depends on what kinds of expenses I am expecting, which can be quite random.
I save 100% of my salary each month.

Wow.

How is this achievable?

I'm an English teacher in Asia. I get a free apartment. Also the cost of living is fairly low. My day to day expenditure is covered by my website income, and investments.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saving/Spending Based on Income FlyEaglesFly 33 6,227 06-01-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: whitesno
  Gambling and Lottery Winnings, would you save or spend it? Kakashi2020 29 6,373 06-01-2023, 02:32 PM
Sad Cutting meal to save money Heatman 35 7,265 06-01-2023, 02:09 PM